Monday, June 15, 2009


A special journal that I write in about my grand kids and daily life.


I had to add just a little more


This is the back.

I'm so excited to show you my new (old) journal! Ever since I bought some Vintage wallpaper from Karla's Cottage, well I'm hooked! I put the wallpaper on to cover the entire book then a small scrap of wallpaper flower medallion, I found some vintage seam binding ribbon this week and put that on the edge and below by the lace. Its on the little tag card too, then I had some vintage lace and put it on the bottom. Oh how I wish I had some vintage flowers but you just can't find them around here, so I improvised on the flower. It turned out so soft, I can't wait to make more!!!
P.S. We got all the permits today on our house!!! It only took 15 days, and that's unheard of. I'm so excited, were just waiting on the excavator to get started when he can. Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Pearl,
Your journal cover is lovely!
Elizabeth

Laurie said...

Oh Pearl! Your journal is beautiful! I never would have thought of something like this! I think I have to expand my creative process a bit!!
Congrats on the permits! Can't wait to see your new home in all its glory! Keep us updated, on want to see the groundbreaking!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

This is my first visit but I love your blog and will be back! Your journal is simply gorgeous! Love the wallpaper cover especially!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Thanks for sending me the link, I enjoyed seeing what you made. Isn't old wallpaper great to work with? Glad you liked it!

Karla

wendy said...

Pearl, Your journal is beautiful!I love the wallpaper idea!I bet your excited about starting your new home! You'll have to keep us posted!

Katie said...

Congrats on the permits! That's such good news. Love the journal, so pretty!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

There is nothing better then vintage wallpaper. Your journal is GORGEOUS! Love that hutch, and everything on it! How exciting about a new house!

My Friends