Friday, June 12, 2009

A Vintage Hunting Day


Sweet little porcelain vase. I had so much fun today going to 3 different "Vintage" and "Antique" stores. I spent an hour in each store because they had so much to see. The things I saw were incredible. An old baby buggie made out of wicker and it was huge. Mint condition from the "1800" It was around $1,200 dollars and the wicker was real tight and victorian style. Man I wish I had an extra $1,000 on me and I would have bought it! (I wish)


I scored some old seam binding today on my hunt so I put it on this card, with a vintage leaf.


Here is the original card which as you can see is much brighter. I printed it out on creme colored paper. From the copyright free days, so help your self.


I have to show off my "Clematis" it's blooming like crazy!

Looks really good this year.

This book was in such good condition, and it's from "1910"



Published "1910"

This little beauty is painted on porcelain




I found this flower vase for $3 dollars, its so sweet.
A beautiful Shell

A vintage casserole dish, I'm going to look this up on line to find out what year it is from. It's very light weight but has gone through the oven many a time. Older than I thought, it's from "1931" as far as I can tell.

Bottom of casserole

I found this little "Depression Glass" dish. And a lady makes these "Cameo" brooches with a fob that also attach's with a pin back. There new and done really well.


I was so happy to find this old seam binding ribbon

This little porcelain cup and saucer was cute and it's shiny? Whats this technique called??

9 comments:

wendy said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm hoping to go to a couple estate sales tomorrow, and a going out of business sale at one of my favorite shops. I'll let you know if I find anything!

Katie said...

Wow did you ever find some goodies! That cup and saucer is so pretty. I always just call it "that irridescent" finish but I know there is a proper term for it. Just don't know what it is!

Elizabeth said...

That was my kind of day! You found some beautiful things.I have been busy with the grandchildren,VBS,movies,skating.We had planned to go to the beach today,but they have decided they want to go back skating instead,they are wearing me out,but its fun.I will post soon.
Elizabeth

Faded Plains said...

Those are some great finds you have there...love the old seam binding!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow! You really scored! Love love love that book -the cover is a piece of art in itself-

Great flowers this year - are you having a lot of rain too?

Have a fun weekend and thank yo so much for your support & love though these times :-) You are a sweet friend and I am better for knowing YOU!

RoeH said...

Oh that vase is so cute! But I love everything too. I don't have an 'eye' for things in thrift shops. I do have an 'eye' in antique shops though. I want everything that costs more money than I have. Champagne appetite.

Laurie said...

Oh so many beautiful, fun things Pearl, I went "shopping" myself today, and found not so much, but did get a few things, I'll have to post pictures though not as great as what you found!

Lori said...

wow!!! what a great haul...you found the best things...i love those pretty old books, the cover on the one you found is so lovely...i love old seam binding too!!!

Lori said...

hi again...the shops i have pictures of are in virginia...and the shop where i bought the doll bonnets was in maryland {i think}...i don't find many hats here in ohio either...they either have yucky or no flowers OR they are way too pricey!!!

My Friends