Sunday, August 31, 2014

Summer



Well summer was hot and long, good growing season though. I've enjoyed trying out new plants like Dahlias, they grew into big bushes, I had no idea they could grow this big, but they made a good hedge in my pot on the patio. So it gave me privacy and enjoyment all summer long.
New pot friends, and I finally painted this old bench but no after picture. I painted it black again and mainly use it for sitting pots on. I was the Pot Queen this year, no pun intended, I have such crappy soil here so I have some huge pots going. I just have them in big groups on the patio and it's that jungle privacy thing I like. I'm still getting ready for my trip to Lincoln City September 11th and I'm so excited. Buying little things like a sewing kit, shampoos in travel size ext. well I hope your weekend was good and relaxing. Talk to you soon.


3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the idea of potted plants, as much as I love flower beds, I hate weeding!! Yours are so beautiful Miss Pearl. Have a great Labor Day!

wendy said...

Love the lantern!! Your plants look beautiful, I'm definitely going to try the pot thing next year. I did get some orange mint and put in a pot, so we'll see if it survives or not. Happy Labor Day and can't wait to hear about your trip!!

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty plants! I love the bench Also!

My Friends