I thought I would share with you some of the old pictures I have collected, love the Borax Soap girls
And this cute little princess with her cute bonnet, and puppy.
And last but not least, women always catch the big ones. Its been a long month for me as I'm waiting anxiously for September to get here. I'm going on my first real trip since 15 years ago to the coast, Oregon coast to be exact. My family and I use to go to Cannon Beach every year for a vacation, that was back when they had the real cabins right on the beach from the thirties. Glass door knobs, rustic all the way. You know the good old days! They had nothing but hippie shops downtown and I loved to go through all of that all day long. A real taffy shop, huge lollipops that would break your teeth. I guy drew our pictures when I was on the beach, I was about 14 years old and he did a fantastic job. Now it's all high rises, high cost, and shops with high end glass, jewelry that will cost you an arm and leg. So Cannon Beach is out of the question, me and my girlfriend found a house on the beach in Lincoln City right on the beach and real cheap. It's so cute, Iron black bed with frilly curtains, a real fireplace and wood provided. I love that we can go on the beach and have a fire also. It's the cutest little house probably built in the sixties. I'm so anxious to go and get away from it all! I have my son staying at the house so he can puppy sit, which makes it real nice.
Yes Pat I'm on Face book, what's your last name? Laurie glad to see you will start posting again I miss ya on here. I have at least 10 of you sweeties that say you will start posting again, so that's great, I miss all of you. I continue to have trials with this new puppy of mine, so much poop and so little time. I swear this time for sure I will never have a puppy ever ever again. Sharon how do you do it with two! I sure do love him though he keeps my old dog young, and there inseparable now. Well I'm off for tonight, time for bed yay. Pearl


3 comments:
Did I miss something or am I having a case of CRS. ;0)
Didn't know you got a puppy too.
His name?
Beatty
Your vacation sounds ideal.
Memories of another time gives our hearts good.
Think I'll grab a moment and post a pic of mine in blogger. I said never again too. Adopted a 12 year old chi that was going to be put down in March. Days later had to put my 14 year old pom down and in March I my Ginger's hind end gave out and I had to make that same decision. Then a grandson of Ed's called asking for help.(He knew I was a dog lover ) An 86 year old PT patient of his had 4 4 month old chi's (all female) plus the parents, 4 cats, aquariums full of turtles and another with frogs and he could barely walk. I took all four and found Forever homes for the other 3. :0)
Oreo the 12 year old still hasn't accepted Mia, but Mia still tries to play with her. ;0)
She was 2 lbs 8 oz when I got her and at almost 7 mo's weighs 4.2.
Spaying date is in Sept.
Okay, I'm outta here. Not enuff hrs in my day now.
(((hugs)))
It's great to be back Miss Pearl! I missed everyone too. Your vacation sounds like a dream one. I'm ready for another one myself. I potty pad trained my little girl first, just so everything was contained right there. Now she is going outside too, it's taking a while but wouldn't trade her for the world!
Your vacation sounds wonderful!! can't wait to see pictures, and hear all about it! Most of all relax and enjoy!! Your description of the shops reminded me of a shop we used to have downtown called The big Surprise! I loved it with it's incense and unique gifts and items.. memories! Love em!
Post a Comment