Monday, November 21, 2011

Things Are Looking Up!



I love it when cats lay in the sink, perfect place to sleep and not have to get up for a drink of water :) I had a bad week last week what with the break ins, but the police feel they will be caught. I hope so. Now on to a happier note, I'm busy with my family getting Thanksgiving together and the excitement is growing. All the ingredients have been bought and the Grand kids are so excited. My Granddaughter asked me to make our famous fruit salad handed down from a few generation's, and it made me feel so good. I use to beg my Mom to make it more often when I was a kid and she said "No, it's only for Thanksgiving" So we just couldn't wait. Here's the recipe: Apples, Bananas, Grapes, Peel your apple and cut into bite size bits, slice your bananas to the size of your liking and use Red seedless grapes and cut in half. Pour Whip cream in, fresh whipped cream is the best but it breaks down real quick, so now I just put in store bought ready whip, then it lasts a lot longer. If that is you have any left! Ha Ha you thought I had this wonderful new recipe. I think darn near every family has tried it or makes it. Something so simple but really yummy! I'm not a big cook so keep it plain and simple for me. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgivings and have many things to be thankful for. I know I do.





4 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

Oh Ms. Sweet Pearl, I'm sending you best Thanksgiving wishes from My blog to Yours. Richard and Sissy Dog from My Old Historic House.

It's me said...

Love from me.....what a sweetie.. ........♥.. ♥... ♥....

lvroftiques said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Pearl despite those dirty bugger robbers. Please share if they catch them K? And yeppers we have pretty much the same salad each year for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. My mom just calls it "fruit salad" and it is yummy! Vanna

Vicki/Jake said...

Late visit, trying to catch up! Hope your Turkey Day was a peaceful one.....

My Friends