Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Burglers Eat You Out Of House & Home




I know most of you are not aware of my business that I own but let me tell you I have a large storage facility. My Father built them and said "do you want to run them?" I told him I would love to. That was 17 years ago and I have made them very profitable, I keep them at a very reasonable rate while business around us and there are many, are very pricey. I know many of my customers having worked all this time I have repeat people over and over. I have worked so hard to keep them safe adding numerous camera's, a coded gate etc.

My husband walked into work yesterday morning and while doing our daily security checks someone cut our fence and damaged 12 doors beyond recognition! They only took stuff out of 2 of them, they found a car but needed tools so they found one of our construction peoples storage and stole tons of tools, about $20,ooo worth. Then they got into one that had a car in it and stripped it. We had to call all of these people and tell them what happened to come down and see if anything was stolen. Some were very angry and some were quite pleased at how we handled it all. Thank god I have insurance on my buildings as the cost so far is over $8,000 dollars! Unfortunately most people did not have insurance with there home oweners policy. Which makes me and them sick to our stomachs.

Between the cops and us were dealing with meth people that just moved in! So there off trying to build there case so they say. We have dealt with this scenario in smaller scale a few times over the years and most cops just don't care. Crime has risen in our area (Washington) big time, more and more big companies are going under and also big lay offs at the Hanford site. So crime has risen majorly. So people start taking what is not theres. I hate that!

My feeling is that we are to easy on our burglars and other crimes as well. What I believe we need to go back to is when punishment was severe. Example: First offense-Do road crew cleanup and community work. Second offense-Throw them in this hole above and for a very long time. Third offense- Cut off one hand. Fourth offense- cut both hands off. I'm serious! The countries that do this have a very successful rate. Slapping people on the wrist in this country has never worked. We have lost our country to foreniers, when will we be able to close the borders?

Do we have to totally bankrupt our country? then it will be to late. So much crime and I for one am sick of it. I'll be very careful who to vote for president this time :/ Thanks for listening.

6 comments:

Pierelantijntjes said...

Hello Pearl,
I so agree with you about the punnishment. Also in our country the punnishings are to sweet. And everything is going to be more expensive, so there are more and more crimes. It's sad, that people can't stay away from other mens property.
Wish you and all the people who are victoms of this all the best.
Hugs Ester

lvroftiques said...

Pearl that really sucks! I feel so badly for those without insurance.
I think those that steal should have to work until every single penny has been refunded. I agree it's gotten way out of control here in Wash lately. Vanna

Elizabeth said...

So sorry Pearl that you are going through that.

Shirl said...

Hello Pearl, this is so sad that things like this have to happen. I hate that today people think they "entitled". How about get out there and get and job and work like the rest of us have to!!! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Vicki/Jake said...

This stinks. Make sure they're prosecuted to the fullest if they find the worthless piles of crap.

You hold em down, I got the hatchet....or I'll hold em down....

Debra said...

Oh, I was so sorry to hear about your trouble, Pearl. I'll pray that the offenders will be caught and punished accordingly. Do have a happy Thanksgiving, ok? Believe that all will be well in the end. Blessings to you on this special day.... Debra

My Friends