Friday, November 4, 2011

All Things Must Pass


I've decided to clean out my closets one at a time, as you can see my craft room is full. Well you would see more if I turned the camera around, but its so bad I'm embarrassed! So I wont. Anyway I'm giving my Granddaughter and her Mom all my craft stuff that I haven't used in years because they love to craft and I'm tired of it except for birthdays and Christmas. I sit in my room at night watching television and on the computer and some times I get so overwhelmed by stuff like I'm drowning. But Autumn is for cleaning the home with the long winter to give you plenty of time. Some one on "Pinterest" posted a board about getting your home clutter free in Forty days. Just take that kitchen drawer that everything gets thrown into, ya know the one the catch all, pull it out sit down with it on the floor and a garbage can and start throwing. You'll be left with a third of it. Sort out your piles and go file those old papers and put the rest where they belong. That's it!! day one done. Top picture is when I opened the door to start..

Giving many of my items for sorting and storing crafts and tons of stickers and pretty papers to give to the Granddaughter is a big amount going bye bye. And its so wonderful feeling and freeing to see it go.


This is one side I almost have done, now I have to get the ladder and hit the top shelf. Most of it is empty box's for Christmas. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Tomorrow I'm having a huge sale at my sisters shop to get rid of two generations of Christmas decorations. So come Sunday I'm starting on my bedroom closet which I'm dreading :/Have a great weekend all!

8 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

That's exactly what I need to do, but none of my family does crafting. sighhhhhhhhhhh :0(

Richard Cottrell said...

Oh Pearl, at least you have closets. My Old Historic House, built in 1845, did not have a closet. It is very hard to find a inch of room to store anything. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

It's me said...

Have a nice weekend darling !!! love from mne...xxx...

Vicki/Jake said...

I'm LMAO cause it don't seem so long ago you were moving into your new house and that room was EMPTY!! Have fun deleting crap:)

Shirl said...

Hello Pearl, Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your post this week, great job, I really need to do this too. I have way to much stuff.
Hugs, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Laurie said...

Wow Miss Pearl! I feel ashamed after seeing how beautiful your closets are after organizing! Even after I do, they're never as pretty as yours! The kids are going to put your old supplies to great use, neat!

FredaB said...

I know the feeling. sometimes you would just like to fill up some large garbage bags and get rid of it.

I started this summer to clean out our large storage room over the garage and I threw out or gave till it hurt. I still have much more to do and many rooms to do it in.

Hugs

FredaB

lvroftiques said...

Well it's looking really good Pearl!
I really need to do the same. I have WAYYYYY to much stuff!*sighs* I have one closet (a walk in) that's filled to the ceiling with linens....And I can't just throw em out, but each time I take them out to get started sorting someone wants to come over and stay in that bedroom and I have to put them all back! I guess I should just advertise a white sale in my closet *winks* Vanna

My Friends