They are the "Sunderland Sisters" famous for there locks of hair. The first time I went to California I got to go into the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" museum, and of course at 16 years and having long hair I could sit on, I couldn't wait for my hair to grow this long! Of course it never happened but a kid could dream ya know. Look at the waves on some of them so beautiful.
I also came across this adorable picture in a magazine, what a cottage to dream in. I could so wrap up in a blankie and read a book!
I love this charming Frenchy desk and screen, it would look so great in a women's bedroom. Not much going on around here except the weather has finally cooled off, low eighties instead of temps close to 100! I hope your weather is cooperating?

9 comments:
great pics..I can't imagine how heavey all that hair was! And that cottage? Perfection:-)
Beautiful.......almost autumn here....love Ria...xxx...
All that hair gives me the creeps. The room you featured was as cute as a bug in a June sun shine. And the folding screen, which looks a lot like the one I just sold to Vanna, at Delusions of Grandeur blog, only hers is not white, is a sweet as the dew drops on a magnolia blossom in May. Crazy Richard from my old Historic house.
I looked at the girls and all I could think of is 7 screaming kids with their mother trying to get the tangles out! But I love the cottage, that's how I've always dreamed my house would look like. Maybe someday!
I never heard of them Pearl, but I wish I had such beautiful hair!
The pictures from the magazine are beautiful. Love that screen.....sigh.
Hugs Ester
Well I love that cottage and that screen!! What a beauty! As for those sisters, can you say "hair envy"! Oh my goodness I wanted hair like that my whole life but alas it was not to be. Vanna
Holy Migraine... The weight of that hair ...OMG!
My thoughts are with you Pearl. (((hugs)))
Ms. P. That picture with the chandelier under water is a trip. I love it, very clever. Richard from My Old Historic House.
I WILL have to go there for sure.
Thank you SO much for dropping by and letting me know what I needed to do..I was not having much luck, they kept wanting to sell me the LATEST versions of course.
But I did find that PSPX does NOT work with Windows 7...not sure I like that much..which means of course, ALL my other older editing programs that I have been using for YEARS with Windows XP are not going to work either.
However, it does apprear that PSE 9 works with it at least.
But I do SO much with PSPX I just HATE to lose that.
But we need to replace my husbands computer and he always take my "old" one..and I get the new one.
My grandson, who is a computer genius tells me that XP will be obsolete in a few of years anyway..so may as well "bite the bullet" and go for it NOW he said.
Sigh...all my old reliable editing programs..down the drain....makes me want to cry.
Rose
Post a Comment