Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Great Finds


Sis and I went to one of our favorite haunts Walla Walla again and founds some really fun items. I found this statue "Three Naked Women" the back is funny there little bums show. Statues are my new fun search because they sell well in the store and I love them. I found my greatest one which is a repo of a Italian sculpted from the "1700s" I'll get a picture up soon.


I loved this tin for chocolates and it's cool latch.





An angel shelf which was so sweet.


This old shelf was so detailed so I'm keeping this one.


Sweet porcelain bowl with hand painted rose's and lid.


This girl just caught my eye right away with the blue and pink flowers, she is a lovely vase. She looks fifties area to me. In the background this unusual vase with the girl sitting outside on a indention of the vase, she is Marie Antoinette style. And anything unusual sells, we are staying steady at the store but right now since school is starting people just aren't spending much. But it's still fun and it's the hunting which is the biggest rush! What a beautiful town Walla Walla is so clean and they have so many shops to go through. We found a store that had 30's area with couch and chairs and a purse and shoes in the section. They are masters at decorating, every era was available, 40's & 50's 60's 70's down to the finest details and this shop was real busy. It was great to meet the Mother & Daughter team so down home and funny. We were told there were 90 wine tasting places in this one little town. Washington is estimated to become the leader in wines then California. We have great dirt I'm told :)

5 comments:

Wildflowerhouse said...

Sounds like fun was had !!! I love the little angel shelf your keeping.

Vicki/Jake said...

Great dirt for sure!! Glad you had a good little road trip, you're collecting some cool stuff. And the holidays are coming so have patience my dear....

Oh, since there are 90 places to taste, how many of them did you hit?

:):):)

It's me said...

What a nice things !!.....love from me ...xxx..

Laurie said...

What great finds Miss Pearl, I love the boxes, and the shelf your keeping would have been my pick too. I'm so happy things worked out for your shop, Isn't it great doing what you love!?

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Hi Pearl...you are so sweet for dropping by my blog so often...I really appreciate your taking the time.
Yes, statues are fun colletables...I have a number of them too.
Yep for wine you guys seem to have the BEST soil.
I miss buying for my business now..I use to buy/collect props for my Photography Studio...it was the happiest time of my life I think.

Rose

My Friends