Friday, August 19, 2011

Life On The Mountain


I thought I would show you some of the updates this summer to the neighbor hood. All the neighbors on my side just about have all the yards in. I get along so well with my neighbor in the brown house that we decided not to put a fence up because there a young couple that like to have dinner parties and then the all go out around the fire pit below and play volleyball, so the yard is endless.

Here is a shot of the canyon and the circle down below is a wheat field. I love to watch it grow each season.






The last lot in this cul-de-sac is next to us. I've thought about buying it and making a huge garden so I would not have neighbors but alas I'm not rich enough. dang :/



To the back of my lot houses being built on the left side of the road finally, so we can knock down some dirt blowing.





This house is being built way behind me I zoomed in on it so you can see it. This retired couple are building there dream house. It is 7,800 sq. ft. and he has a garage under his garage, got that?


He has put the dirt up to the foundation but is was dug way down deep, you will have the ground floor garage and go to the back of the house to enter the bottom garage which is 3 times the size as the top. See the black painted wall going down the canyon towards the lumber? That you enter from the back and go inside with his huge open road travel trailer! Crazy huh? I'm just hoping he puts a pool in so I can run down and introduce myself with my swim suit on and a towel over my shoulder :) I'll take them a bottle of wine and cheese as a house warming present to. I know I didn't take outside pic of my house so I will do that tomorrow. Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

It's me said...

Beautiuful sight !...love from me...xxx...

Unknown said...

My goodness - what a difference as year makes - its all looking beautiful now that lawns and more houses have appeared

Laurie said...

How awesome Miss Pearl! And what a switch from the awful neighbors you had before you moved! Beautiful views and good neighbors. What could be better!!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Right away that song I'm sitting on top of the world" popped into my head and won't leave. ;0)
Very nice!

Pierelantijntjes said...

What a great view!Yes. it's nice to have great neighbours. (especcialy those with a swimmingpool....haha)
Have a great week
hugs Ester

Vicki/Jake said...

Guess who got the ability to comment fixed again..now I need 24/7 to catch up! As i read this post, I thought of when we first became blog buddies. You were trying to deal with crappy neighbors:) Ain't life grand!

Now I'll go comment on what else I've missed. Missed ya!

Richard Cottrell said...

It takes many to make a village. Thanks for stopping by and seeing my Pink and especially thanks for the sweet comment. Richard at My Old Historic House.

Wildflowerhouse said...

You crack me up. Don't forget your rubber ducky and water wings! I bet you are happy to see all that grass instead of dirt and dust!!!! Can't wait to see your house.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful Pearl! So glad you have good neighbors!

Dapoppins said...

I bet the dirt was/is inches thick when the wind blows. It's starting to look really good with that green green grass...!

My Friends