Monday, July 4, 2011

For The Love Of Kitchens & Bedrooms




Even though I have a newer home I am constantly looking at architecture, design and decorating magazines. The one space in a home that I really love are Kitchens, because there are no two a like. I really love the French styles from simplicity to the Grand Dames. The first picture is definitely French with there high ceilings and wood beams. How the heck do they get to the top cabinet you say? I say who cares it's gorgeous.



Two tone wood in a kitchen is so stylish I love this look. And then when the make the cabinets look like furniture, ooh la la!


Look at the architecture and that chandelier!


Bedrooms are another favorite of mine, this French ceiling is awesome.

I also like "Quirky" like this cozy little master bedroom with a small couch and fireplace, I could wrap up in a blanket and read for ever.


This was the most different bedroom that I have ever seen, Love that big mirror in the middle, and the shadow pictures. Top it off with a little child's chair, French again. Blow this picture up to appreciate it more.


There is one thing I have always wanted and that's a screened in porch, I love to sleep out side, as a young girl my sisters and I slept out under the stars in the summer almost every night. I would put a hammock up and listen to the sounds of nature all night. And the evenings with a full moon out is always special. Some day I hope, what type of home do you dream of? other than your own home? I hope all your wishes come true!!

14 comments:

Debra said...

Such lovely rooms, Pearl! Thanks so much for sharing all that inspiration with us. Blessings, Debra

Shirl said...

Hello Pearl, Happy Juyl 4th! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Very pretty rooms you have here. I love kitchens too!
Hugs, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Laurie said...

I'll take that master and the porch! I've always wanted a little country cottage design, with a wrap around porch and lots of happy flower gardens and a pond. And of course room for my pets and my chickens!!

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

I love that first kitchen photo....just stunning! I too slept on a screened in porch at my grandparent's home during the summers. :) Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

It's me said...

That looks very nice !! beautiful !!! enjoy your day...love Ria....xxx.

Vicki/Jake said...

I'll take them ALL! Thanks for sharing :)

Cheryl said...

Fabulous photos you've put together, I'd like an old-old home.... with tons of money to hire someone to fix it up for me lol

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I ,like you, love many many different styles. And the first thing that came to mind on the second photo? "How would I clean all that "furniture"? Guess if I had the money for that kitchen, I could PAY someone else to clean it for me, huh?!

But what I wouldn't give to sleep (safely) under the stars with the sounds of crickets and the occasional dog barking..Hmmmm :-)

wendy said...

Hi Pearl!!!
I love the 1st kitchen!! mine is so tiny. I am with you on the screened in porch and as kids we slept out on ours also on summer nights.. Have a great week!! Wendy

lvroftiques said...

Ooohh I love all your inspiration shots Pearl! I favor french flavor too *winks* The one with the painted ceiling is in my faves file...it's sooo yummy dreamy!! I have a new (ish) house too and I'm always looking for ways to give it some depth and antique flavor. Vanna

lvroftiques said...

Hi Pearl!
Thanks for stopping by!
How's the weather there in Eastern Washington? We had a few days of actual sunshine for the 4th but now it's back to rain *sighs* I think I need to head your way *winks* Can you share any good tiquin' spots with me? Vanna

Sea Gypsy said...

I could live in all of those rooms, but lately it seems I am dreaming of a very old rustic cabin filled with lace. I want the cabin to be in a beautiful setting, maybe next to some water. A huge porch that wraps around the whole house. Dreams make the world go round:)
Hugs,Kim

Shirl said...

Hello Pearl, Stopping by to say hello, love your post! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment.
Hugs, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

lvroftiques said...

Hi Pearl!
"Tiquin'" is short for antiquing *winks* Vanna

My Friends