Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ahh my feet are killing me!


This is what I did over the Memorial Day weekend, I and my sister started painting our new booth in the Antique mall it was a barn ugly red with swishys of orange? What was the last vendor thinking? Anyway we primed and painted hung up lace so you can't see the next booth and we started hauling stuff in. We are only half full and have more to bring over but it's a start! My feet were so sore that I had to wait until Tuesday to haul more in. We have to come from a parking lot far away and haul it to the very back of the store. This store is 15,000 sq.ft.!

Thank goodness for peg board!


To the right on the floor is a 1920 radio and the lid opens up and the guys were going crazy over this. I think it will be sold soon.



This table top vanity and mirror was a steal for my sister when she was in Oregon. We have a dresser to bring over to put it on. It's been exciting meeting the vendors and comparing what we had and what they had. Some even told us to up the prices on things. Many of these folks had 20 30 years doing this. The hardest part is not buying stuff from the other vendors! Every where I look there is such awesome antique furniture! Which I'm really into now. I probably will never make any money at this but if I start buying furniture maybe I will. The gals who work at the store said that's all people want. Hmmm I gotta start traveling and go searching, sounds good to me!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Your both is beautiful Miss Pearl, I've been to antique malls where everything is just thrown together with no rhyme or reason, and others that took the time you and your sister are. They're the ones I gravitate to. Wonderful job!!

Wildflowerhouse said...

I like your booth and all the work you two have done to it.Barn red w/orange swishys oh NO. Much better your way. Hope you had some fun and a little relaxation over the holiday. I watched it RAIN and watched the moss grow between my toes. Hugs, Sharon

Dapoppins said...

I am going to love watching this space grow and change!

Dapoppins said...

I am going to love watching this space grow and see how you are doing.

My Friends