Sunday, April 3, 2011

Getting Started

I bought this little bistro table and chairs for the balcony, isn't it cute. Notice at the bottom I have the table bungees hooked to the rails, and after the other night when at 2:00 a.m. the chairs went flying into the rails missing the low windows by inches, I now have to anchor them too! I never wanted to live on a Mountain top and that's the reason why. But I'm to darn tired, old, and broken down to move again so "Deal with It!" The neighbors put fertilizer on 2 weeks ago, look at it compared to ours! so my husband fertilized today and we just got the irrigation turned on so hopefully we'll catch up in a week.
I really got in the mood since the sun was shinning and ran to the Home Depot to get started with my planting. I got some box woods to put in some planters and Lavender, Hostas, and the weird plant I love but cannot for the life of me ever remember it's name? I pulled all my pots out today and cleaned them all up and all the Geraniums survived yay!

Farmer Brown has been busy in the canyon for a month now tilling and planting.


We are starting to grow again, there are four house's across the street and my Father is going to start his home for sale on this side of the street just below us. With these house's we lost half of our city lights, and once Pops builds his it will all be gone! I told him if he see's me out on the balcony he better duck because I'm going to be shooting at his workers :) I guess my Mountain just ain't high enough! Morel of the story it's good to be a Surf

6 comments:

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Pearl, you seem to have a very nice view..but I don't understand about the lights....why are they almost gone ?
You have a parent still alive...that is builing ah house ? Wow..that's great.
You say YOU are old that is why I ask ! My parents have been gone for many years.
Rose

Dapoppins said...

With that lovely view, don't you think there are days the wind is worth it? or is it windy allll the time.

Wildflowerhouse said...

Well my dear just wait til that grass turns green and grows aninch a minute. It is so wet and cold over here that I went shopping for house plants instead of yard plants. I know what that plant is of yours, just can't remember the name. Now that will bug me all night. Love your Bistro set. I'll be right over!!
PS. I think your plant is a Helleborus also known as The Lenten or Christmas Rose.Yours must be the Lenten Rose as it blooms in the Spring. Now I can go to bed. Hugs, Sharon

It's me said...

What a vieuw !!!!.....lovely week darling...love Ria....xxx...

Debra said...

Oh, your view of nature is incredible and though it's nice to see lights at night, I'll still take the natural over the manmade. :) You are blessed and I so love your bistro set, too!

Oh, and I've been rereading my blog posts from years ago and I just wanted to thank you for so faithfully reading there and leaving such sweet comments all these years. You are an encouragement to me and greatly appreciated! Blessings, Debra

Vicki/Jake said...

Ha! I'll try later to post pictures of the SNOW I woke up to yesterday!

Enjoy your views while you can Pearl.

My Friends