Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finally A Little Creativity


A couple of tags I made for the store, I have a gal that's never done anything crafty and she likes all my stuff. She has a booth in a Antique store and comes each Saturday and buys up my stuff and I teach her more stuff to do, sending her off to her home work for the week. I make up some tags to give to her for reference. What fun when you can inspire and teach someone, it reminds me of when I worked at the Juvenile Justice Center in our town eons ago. They would let me do the teaching of new staff members because I loved doing it. I made a lot of friends that way and still run into them in town now and then. My sis and I are still doing the store and the competition out there is real tough but we meet some of the coolest people ever! And most are ready with a story, so that makes it worth it. That's about it here so off to get inspired again!

11 comments:

Dapoppins said...

I am sure you are a great teacher. Every time I make a tag or collage something I am uncertain, so I think your friend will be glad to have your great examples!

Vicki/Jake said...

You're so good with these tags Pearly. BRAVO! And keep teaching..

Pierelantijntjes said...

Hello Pearl,
Your tags are so beautiful, and I know for sure, she will learn a lot from you're creativity and teaching.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs Ester

Laurie said...

Good for you Miss Pearl! I'm glad you and your sister are making you dream come true! Your tags are so pretty, and it would be so awesome to take a class from such a fun lady!

It's me said...

What a beautiful tags Pearl !! have a lovely day darling...love Ria...

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Your tags are very attractive...love them, wish I knew what I could do with them if I had some.
You are generous to teach her your "tricks of the trade"...I am sure she appreciates that kind gesture.
Thanks for stopping by ...I appreciate your faithfulness.
Have a nice week-end.

STAY WARM.

Rose

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

P.S. Pearl, can you tell me exactly what your settings are for leaving comments on your blog....I like not having to repeat and repeat the process... and get RIGHT TO THE WORD VERIFICATION..like you have done here.
I would like to offer that on my blog as well. But don't know what the "settings" are for that.
THANK YOU,
Rose

Elizabeth said...

So nice of you to help her,glad you are enjoying your store!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

These are lovely and bless you for sharing your creativity with her..teaching is the BESTEST of gifts!!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Pearl! Your tags are just beautiful! How lucky she is to have you to teach her lots of wonderful crafty things!...thank you so much for your sweet comment today. I'm really going to try to blog more. Have a great weekend, Sweetie! xo Paulette

Sue said...

Lovely tags Pearl! and so wonderful of you to be teaching your friend!

Hugs,

Sue

My Friends