Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jewlery...



These are a few pieces of jewelry I bought at "Bev Frank Antiques" the silver and black are a butterfly, The bar is fake diamonds, and the other is some type of agate with the old time slip in clasp.
I love tea pots, so I got one in a clock.
The next time we go were going to stay here at "McMenamins" it's so cool we stopped in and Jaci had some of there home made brew. They have there own huge distillery and it was so good Jaci bought some to take home to share. This is what there pamphlet says: Built in 1922 as a Masonic & Eastern Star Home, the place we now call McMenamins Grand Lodge was envisioned as "a pleasant haven from the stress, the turmoil and the storms of life's voyage." Music fills the air here and a living history is artistically expressed on the walls and doors - even the overhead pipes have a story to tell. Accommodation are European-style with original porcelain sinks in the rooms, fine wooden furnishings and private, marble-finished bathrooms down the hall. Cotton bathrobes are provided for your comfort. They have weddings there all the time, inside is a ballroom that seats 350 guests. Or when we were there we got to watch from afar a Scottish Wedding it was so cool bag pipes and all. They have "Ruby's Spa" which is a 16 minute rub down that is free to all guests. They have a "Movie Theatre" where you can watch a movie and order hamburgers and fries and beer while your watching. Then they have a huge restaurant that is really nice, they have different shows each night with jazz players, or rock, or many other types. They have like 3 different bars, wines and beer. The "King Suite" is $140.00 "King" with private bath is $95.00 a night, A King $75.00 Queen $50.00 Full $45.00 Bunks $40.00 a night, so there is something for everyone. Whimsical art work is every where on the walls, doors, pipes and they are the cutest pictures of old people sitting in rockers or standing with a cane, and most are people that had a connection with the Hotel. It's really a fun place and we were shocked to see that they are all over Washington and Oregon.
SEE POST BELOW FOR THE ANTIQUE STORE

7 comments:

Pierelantijntjes said...

Hello Pearl,
I'm so in love with the
(clock)teapot. It's a real beauty. The jewlery are also real beauties. And the place you talked about? It seems like real fun to me.
Have a great day,
Hugs Ester

Home and Heart said...

You found some lovelies!! I am not familiar with the place you visited, but it sounds wonderful!

wendy said...

I love the teapot! Wow it sounds like a great place to visit! Have a great week Pearl, mine's been pretty hectic lately.

Sue said...

Some choice pieces there Pearl and I love the little teapot clock!

Hugs

Laurie said...

The necklaces are so pretty Miss Pearl, and I LOVE the teapot clock!!!!! Great finds!

Vicki/Jake said...

AWWW...Orchids, Antiques and Road Trips with a friend...How much fun you're having! And what I've missed..

S.L.O.W.L.Y. coming back to normal, whatever that is :) I've missed ya..

Dapoppins said...

Oh, and the Mcmin...MCMinnnn...yes, they are all over, ususally built in some sort of neat place. A school, an old church...always places with history!

My Friends