Friday, May 28, 2010

Treasure Hunting...


Well I didn't have to go far for these little treasures they were given to me by my girlfriend Jaci. They are her mothers from "1927" and there are 3 pairs in the same beautiful shape! My eyes immediately swelled up when she said I could have them she said "well you were family too" I lived with her and her Mother and her sister and also her brother when I was a very troubled teenager. They were really good to me and "Lil" her mom taught me alot, my Mother did not teach me much at all so Lil became my Mom. She passed away about 14 years ago and I have such fond memories of her. This women was single and raising 4 kids on her own, she was a survivor and could pinch a penny like no other. I love you Lillian Burk.


I went to a huge warehouse we have here that is full of Antiques and collectibles and found this gorgeous frame and picture. I wasn't crazy about the picture but I bought it for the frame, and now the picture is growing on me. I found some old medicine bottles that I collect and this sweet little apron so me and my Granddaughter can make cookies together. My sister and I spent about an hour inside and when we left it was raining like I have never seen. The streets were flooded and all the sewer lids where spewing out water? like gushers and the side drains by the sidewalk were completely full. It took us twice the time it normally would to get home but like I said "we are mini Seattle now" I loved every minute of it and was laughing in between "oh my god" and my sister was driving and she didn't quite get the humor of it all. But it was dangerous cause no one knows how to drive in this stuff.
I have such a problem with scale now that I have such tall ceiling. Now I need a bigger table here and larger lamp. Well I guess that means I get to go shopping again :) Now how do I get it through the door without my husband seeing? Once it's in he'll never notice it!

10 comments:

Vicki/Jake said...

Oh Pearl, I LOVE your finds, that frame is priceless! And I like the picture. Is it an oil painting? look for a signature somewhere, you may have found the next great surprise on Antiques Roadshow (o:

Love that little apron too, and glad you made it home ok.

Now I'll go read what else I've missed...

Oh, my word verification is pulforks....weird

Laurie said...

I really like the picture Pearl, and the apron is so cute!
Enjoy (or not) your Seattle weather!

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

The shoes are so DARLING...I have not seen any with the white design on them.
The frame and picture are beautiful...do you think it's an original oil?
Seattle is however, one place I would NOT like to live.

Rose

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Opps....meant to say thanks for dropping by my blog...and admiring my new ( old) shelf. I am very excited about it.
You will be seeing MORE images of it when we finally get it up..it will take two men to hang it...so may have to wait until our son in law is available or something.

Rose

wendy said...

Hi Pearl!
I love your finds! Your always able to find such neat stuff!

Laurie said...

You added more!! I love those shoes Pearl, and what a nice gesture to you, doesn't it make you feel so loved? Well you are, by many including me!
On your picture, until you get a bigger table, bring the picture down to just above the table top, and it will make it and your table top lovelies a grouping! It's a trick I've used many times, and it really makes it pretty. then your picture will pop!

Pierelantijntjes said...

Those shoes are so beautiful! Specially because the women who took you in her life and house has worn them.
The picture with the frame I like too, and that apron is georgious. It's really a lot of rain at your side of the world Pearl. Here everything is dry, but now a little bit rain is falling. So tonight I don't have to water the plants.
Hugs from Ester

It's me said...

Beautiful stuff !! i really like your shoes and the story behind...........and that picture......amazing !! lovely pink apron..............happy weekend.it is raining here........hugs from me Ria

Sue said...

What a precious treasure the little shoes are from your 'other' mom. A beautiful keepsake.

Great finds on the painting/frame and the apron.

"Now how do I get it through the door without my husband seeing? Once it's in he'll never notice it!"

Hee ...isn't it funny how that works?

Hoping you are having a wonderful holiday weekend.

Sue:)

Vicki/Jake said...

Pearl, I just came back to take a peek and saw the addition (?) of the precious baby shoes. How special they are and now heartwarming to have something that belonged to your other mom. What an angel she was...is (o:
Hold tight to the memories my friend.. Love ya.

My Friends