Friday, February 5, 2010

What's It Like To Turn 50?

What it's like to turn 50 years of age? Do you stop to reflect on your life and realize your life is more than half over? Do you get depressed because your bags are sacking more, your joints now creak and you pee with urgency? Or do you feel like this is the most comfortable skin you've ever been in? Or do you say to hell with it all and not give a shit and yell "Let's party!!!" Well that's just what I did for my husband!
I called Miss Piggy and she came a running over!
The beautiful people at the restaurant let him wear there sombrero.
Dare is a quiet guy and can be shy, but Miss Piggy gave him a beer and he started to have some fun!

We told Miss Piggy it was my Mothers Birthday to and so she made Great Great Grandma feel young again.
"Trevin do you like Miss Piggy?" His Mom said "Well duh she has six Binky's, course he likes her" He was laughing at Miss Piggy but when she came down his way he started to cry. Poor Bubba gets scared so easy.
My In laws were there and my 18 year old son got to have a good laugh together. I think my father-in-law was a little shy at first.
Of course Lexi liked the fairy mask I got her
O.K. I'm done now and I'm not wearing this hat anymore! Geesh some guys get grumpy when there 50! Fun was had by all and we even had our Mexican servers come in and sing Happy Birthday which was totally unexpected, they were very kind. I had giant cupcakes for everyone and we had tons left over so I asked this cute little women server if she would like to take a cupcake? She said "Oh yes please I love chocolate" she takes one and I said take more, so she takes one more. I said would the rest of the servers want one? She says I'll go ask she comes back and she said "Oh yes they would love one" So I gave them all one and when I left to go pay I left them a big tip and they were just blown away by it. Hey when people treat ya good and go above and beyond what is expected then I believe you should say thank you when ever you can and how ever you can. We all piled out of the back private room to leave and they all ran to the front door to open it for us and tell us goodbye and thank you. Now that's good old fashioned hospitality.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby - looks like a fun time was had by all. That Miss Piggy is hilarious!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Wish mine were perky like that still! HA! How old is Miss Piggy? Her's should be saggy by now... ahhhh, maybe she's got some silicone. ;-)

Shirl said...

Hello Pearl, I'm still making my Pink Saturday visits. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your pink post this week. Happy Birthday to your hubby! How funny Miss Piggy is.
Have a great week.
Blessings to ya! Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Vicki/Jake said...

OMG Pearl, I just found this post cause I was sick when you did it...
What a HOOT! What guy wouldn't love a miss piggy like that! And of course all the workers would love you, you have the right idea about service too..
Cute Cute post Pearl!

My Friends