Friday, January 29, 2010

Time for Shopping!


Here's a beautiful old book I picked up for a song.


I've always wanted one of these old toasters, this is silver and black and the stamping on it is just beautiful.

Found this old music sheet and loved the colors
Found this "fushia" table and fell in love with it but not the color. I will be stripping it down to the original wood.

I love the detail one it, anyone know what year it could have come from?


Slowly getting things put away, I still have to go dig and find my old plates.


Shower of the Gods!! There is so much room in here it's unbelieveable I should put a hammock in there and stay awhile. Love it.


Not many pictures hung yet. I just haven't decided where to put them.


My wedding lady over the bed, I want to put some type of head board with my china plates on the wall along with her. Any body want to donate a cool old fireplace mantel?


Yep that's Mickey Mouse my telephone, I bought it for my young sons room years ago and took it away from him when he crank called 911. Boy did he get in trouble and it's been buried in the closet so thought I'd move him in here. He wiggles and says "Boy have you got a phone call" very annoying so I put him on silence. No crafting yet until my room gets done, whoh is me. But hot dam I'm enjoying decorating this home!!


China hutch is coming along I have to put in dish rails yet.


I Bought a rug for the dinning nook cause it was on sell, it's to small and yes I measured it! I'm just not good at it. grrr




The white garbage can has to go but I can't find the color I want?


We got the big screen finally hung up and that took some whinning and conjoling on my part. The guys did not want to mount it but there was no place to put the fireplace? So they unwillingly put it up just so they didn't have to hear the whinning :)


I didn't get my bench seat in yet so this is what sets there now. I want to eventually put curtains on a few windows also. What can I say? money, money, money!

4 comments:

Vicki/Jake said...

Oh, so much to comment on! I just LOVE how it's all coming together Pearl. And what a fun shopping trip! Love that toaster, and the shower! The rug..you'll find one that fits and use that one in another awesome place. Let me think of what else you posted....old mind at work here...
Oh, Mickey Mouse.. Funny! And wouldn't a mantle be awesome..keep looking, you'll find one. Any Salvage Yards around there? Love the shower and where the window seat will be. I love them. Oh, the table...too bad someone painted over it. It looks like a 40's style? It'll be awesome when you get it stripped and re done. I've probably missed other things you said but can't go back to see. Anyway, love what you're doing and envy the fun of it! I'll keep checking back and hopefully you'll have your internet up soon..or is it? OH, find a dark tan or black garbage thingy... Oooo, or maybe a wooden one to cover what you have? I've seen them and they're pretty cool at hiding the can. Ok, Bye for now...really (O:

Vicki/Jake said...

See, old mind at work...or maybe it's an inner voice telling me something..hummmm
Ok, so I like the shower!! for the 3rd time..hehe

Sue said...

Yeah, the ole money, money...tends to get in the way at times doesn't it?

You did amazingly well with your purchases so far though - such great items and your place is coming along wonderfully. What fun you must be having!

Keep sharing these pics with us!

♥

Anonymous said...

Your new home is beautiful! You are going to have so much fun decorating it! Going on the HUNT is half the fun, isn't it!

Early 20th century for the fushia table maybe? Wonder what the wood is? I'm guessing mahogany.

Thanks for posting about my giveaway! Hope to see you come back to visit again! I love company!

Diane

My Friends