In other news:
We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news!
On my way to take some food to my husband up at the new house this is what happened right in front of me. I was coming on the off ramp to get onto the highway and this is what I saw. I'm merging on and there is a State Trooper on the other side of the highway and he had stopped someone and was writing a ticket. So naturally I turn to look and when I turned my eyes back to the road in front of me this car over corrected and went down the embankment then flew through the air hit ground and went end over end and then just kept flipping over and over.
I slammed on my brakes and jumped out of my car and started running down this hill and all I could hear was crying like a baby the motor was still running on the car I was yelling are you all right while I was running and falling and tripping down this hill. I just heard a muffled cry and she kept saying help me help me, I told them I was coming and all of a sudden I saw two hands come out the window and she looked like she was trying to swim. I screamed at her to get out of the car (as I was snagged on barbed wire and falling) I said the car is going to catch fire get out! she started to crawl out of the car real slow and just stood up bleeding like crazy, I was screaming keep moving away from the car. She did and then I said "Sit down now" and she was just wandering, I screamed at her again Sit down! and she did. I finally got to her and she had blood streaming down her face and by then a bunch of people stopped and were running down to us. A guy yelled to put a coat on her and I didn't have one on so when he got there he ripped off his sweater and put it around her. His girlfriend got there and some one else yelled to put pressure on her wound in the mean time she kept crying hysterically and wanted us to call her boyfriend. The officer across the highway never saw what happened the people above kept waving at him and he brushed them off. This girl just wanted her cell phone so I yelled at this guy to get her purse and find her cell phone. He says I have to call 911 and said "yes you do" and her phone is right there in the weeds he starts running back up the hill to get his cell phone and I screamed at him grab "her" cell phone and call. He came back down saw it and handed it to Jessica our little crash victim and she just kept crying I can remember the number so the girl next to us grabbed it and called 911 and the ambulance was on the way. While all this is going on I'm trying desperately to find out where she is bleeding from so I'm pulling all her long black hair out of her eyes and it's all matted by the blood and I'm wiping and wiping and I see this little cut on her forehead and she's yelling am I o.k. I said yes honey your fine it's not bad at all. Another girl got next to her and hugged her to keep her warm and reassuring her that her boyfriend was on the way. She put the cell up to her to talk to her boyfriend earlier and all she could do was cry and scream. The boy friend was assured she was fine but just in shock and she had lots of people around her. He never did get there in time before the ambulance came but he saw the car off the highway and turned around and went straight to the hospital.
This picture does not do this justice it's very steep to get down there and then very tall I thought she was going to fly over this other on ramp but she was one lucky young lady. She was a 24 year old young lady that had just gotten off work at Star Bucks and was on her way home. She was very tired from the days work and had her stereo blasting and couldn't wait to get home. I thought I recognized her from the same Star Bucks as I use to go in there years ago. I asked how long have you worked there and she said "4 years" I said OK that's why I recognize you under all that hair and blood. I told her I was going to go to her work to let them know that she was in a crash. Well all was said and done and I got in my car just freezing and turned on the heater and grabbed a cigarette and just sat there shaking. The officer came over and said did you witness this? I said yeah it happened right in front of me he says "I have to take a statement from you" I said "Well I'm not coming out of this car again so hop in" he gets out of the road way with cars zooming by us goes to the other side and opens my door but won't get in. I'm like get in I'm not a mass murder, so he stands there leans in and takes my statement. Oh well so much for forceful talking.
I showed the kids at star bucks the pictures I took and said "I really want to know how she is but I have called all the hospitals and no ones heard of her. Well I had the wrong last name so no wonder? Anyway I'm tired as hell and sore so I will let ya know the rest tomorrow on how it turned out. (It's 2:45 a.m. and I'm running adrenaline)



8 comments:
Oh good Lord, what an experience! Good for her that you were there and thank God you weren't involved other than helping. And what a hero you are! Now I hope YOU are ok!
Back to the house, you'll get it sold and be moved in no time. Have faith! And DRIVE CAREFUL! Oh. did the Hubby get his lunch??
I went all cold when I saw your photos. Glad the young lady is fine, and that you and the other motorists were there to help her.
Hope your house sells soon - it's always seems to be 'ups and downs' in the housing market and moving etc.
Have a lovely long rest today
Oh my gosh, you must have been so frightened! I'm so happy that the young lady was okay...Whew! Please let us know...
And you! You brave woman! Thank the Lord you were there to give her some comfort. I hope that you are alright and that the bumps and bruises heal quickly. What a day! Blessings~Sharon
You were very brave and did the right thing. She was lucky to have you there. Twyla
Oh my gosh! You were an angel for doing what you did! And it must have been so frightening ..I am so proud of you!
Oh My God Miss Pearl! I'm so glad she's ok, and that though shook up, your fine. What a terrible experience. Let us know if you find anything else out.
As a realtor, I would call yours to find out if she or he has heard anything, yours should be calling the agent that showed the house to find the status of their bid, or if they are actually going to put one in. I had to do that all the time, even when just checking with the other realtors that showed my listings to see what the comments were on the house, or if there was any interest. So give yours a call if you haven't already, and ask them to contact the buyers agent. If they're a decent agent, they will have no problem finding out for you. It's their job!
OMG! Good thing you were there, it sounds like no one would have known what to do. I think a lot of people freeze up from fright and to others it looks like they are just cruel to sit and stare. Good for you to act on your instincts. Now, feet up , glass of wine and close your eyes and breath. You were an angel today!
Hugs,Pat
How stressful. You're a gem for helping.
Post a Comment