Saturday, September 5, 2009

Artful Grandaughter




It was time to give Mom a break and have a Grammy & Lexi day. We were so excited! I love playing funny Grandma and we always have a good time. I was not quite set up in the kitchen to bake cookies (her favorite thing to do) so I told her to go make a card for someone. I set up the craft room and off she went. Remember she is five years old now. I gave her some of my pre-made cards cause I wanted to get rid of this pack, it's been around to long. She saw a test picture of Rocky my dog and said "Can I use that?" of course you can. Then it's always "Grammy can I use your stamps?" "No Lexi i have to be in here for that mess just use chalk I will show you" so off she went and told me I could leave the craft room now. She is so independent you have no idea. After a long while she says "Grammy Rocky's picture won't fit in the square on the front?" I said "just cut around him and make him fit" so she did and I wasn't sure she would know what I meant. As you can see she made em fit. The card has raised flowers and tree branches and she went to town. I thought it was stunning of course cause she's my baby. Then she comes in and says "I need to cut some rose's for my card, will you help me?" out to the garden we go and all I had was tight big bud's or flowers ready to loose petals.



























2 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

What a sweetheart! And, looks like she is getting her Grammy's talent! The cookies look yummy - you're very fortunate to have her so close - days together will be a sweet memory for her all of her lifetime :-0

Vicki/Jake said...

She's a little doll, aren't they just SOOOO fun! I love when they're that age. My closest grand daughter is 9 now and playing *dress up* just doesn't happen so much anymore.....
Love em while you can (O:

Vicki

My Friends