I personally have read it 3 times! My father has read it also, and stated "I didn't want the book to ever end" That's exactly what I told myself after reading it the first, second, and third time! You will not believe what Americans did for this country and many other countries as well. We were and still are the Greatest Country! We have the biggest hearts around and we know how to get the job done! If the President of this great country Mr. Obama and all congress men & women would read this book we would get right back on track again.
Ms. Goodwin is one of my all time favorite authors, she gets all the facts off of Historical documents and puts the time line together so well.
I have read other "Authors"? on this president and first lady and they were not fact based at all. Saying things like Mrs. Roosevelt was gay, because she was lonely and always with women. Read the facts of the times and you will understand why these authors think this way. Then you can judge for yourself. The point here being, it doesn't matter at all what the facts are she was a very great lady. Gay, straight, black, white, yellow or green. Were all the same!
The pictures in this book are also wonderful to see, the president and first lady sitting by the fire in there old cane chairs knitting, going over stamps or documents.
It's a large Novel but well worth reading even if you can only do 15 minutes a day of reading, it will eventually grab you, like a little boy in his bed at night reading books on flying airplanes, and his big sister picking it up off the floor and being captivated by it in her bed late at night.
Enjoy!~

7 comments:
I haven't heard of this one - I will take a look- great review!
I am off to get this right now. I like Doris Kearns Goodwin and I will agree with you on who should be reading this. Sharon
I will read it!
Pearl, I am anxious to read it. I will look for it this week-end!
It is a WONDERFUL Book! Doris Kearns Goodwin is my most favorite author. She also wrote a biographical account of her childhood that was very moving. I can't remember the name of it, but it was GREAT too.
Blessings~
Sharon
P.S. I think it might have been called, "There's always next year", or something like that.
Thank you for your nice comment on our wedding anniversary! I'll check out that book you suggested. Sounds like a winner!
I love *true* stuff and will for sure find this and read it. Love that era too so I'll enjoy it.
Post a Comment