
Did I tell you I had "Hallucinations?" in the Hospital?
For example: I'm stuck in my bed looking straight
at a wall with a huge digital clock with seconds. (It
must be the number 1 question a patient has for
the nurse's) My doctor comes in and says "Pearl
even if your stuck in bed you can still wiggle your
toes, rotate hands, bring legs up etc." So he leaves
and I'm doing my exercises and the second hand
is moving to the rhythm of my ankle twisting. I'm
like cool, when I stop my feet from moving the clock
stops! I'm like, isn't technology cool?? My goodness
how do they tell the nurses computers to do this
to my clock in my room so they can tell I'm doing
my exercises? Well there not going to catch me not
doing my exercises I'm going to be a good girl. In
comes my son to visit me. I tell him with pride
what I can do! I made him watch the clock and said
now watch me stop the clock (full of pride) the clock
will not stop this time?? I said "I must be doing this
wrong lets try it again" Still no clock stoppage? When
my son turned and looked at me with grave concern
I realized with embarrassment that it wasn't real,
and I wasn't going to fess up, so I said "I'm just kidding"
It's a thought in my head of how I'm going to do this
in all hospital rooms because I know what a great idea
it is and I'll make millions!! He just laughed at me?? :)
3 comments:
Too funny Pearl! Maybe a little extra of your drug and you'll have all kinds of ideas for some real cool inventions! Keep sharing your stories, you're a riot!
Blessings,
Laurie
What a blessing your sense of humor is...to you and to those around you. We've got lots of healing energy swirling around our house here....I'm sending some of it your way. A turtle pulled herself up on the beach this morning.....coming to let you know that she too is sending you blessing waves of healing light.
Every day...better and better.
How wonderfully funny that is! My goodness. Now, try a knee exercise and see if it stops the medical bills from coming! THAT would be a trick huh?
Glad you can have a sense of humor!
Post a Comment