I'm an avid Pinterest person and I see all these beautiful things and think, "Oh I wish I had that in my two year old house" I fought for a farm house sink like this one they had so many gorgeous designs, but no Mr. Nice Guy says "we can't afford that" all the the process of building. While I did not get the farm sink I did get two very deep sinks and I love them. See the posts standing on the side of the sink? I laid the law down and said "I know they are a hundred a piece I will buy them my self" so I bought them and the carpenter my father hired had no idea what he was doing and he inset them? I should have got him a picture and diagrams on how to do it, needless to say if he redid them, well it would ruin the cabinets. I ended up not complaining to my father because he wanted to build me a perfect house. So I make do with them the way he did. I still say I should put him on "Angies List" though. Oh the horrors this man did to my house. Mr. Nice Guy says "oh forget it we will just go with it?) (I'm still screaming in my head-MEN!)


3 comments:
You sound like me Miss Pearl! I love the older homes for that reason, the nooks and crannies, and would love to have a walk in pantry like my grandmother had. She had her china on shelves along with other shelves of spices and baking supplies. It smelled like heaven back in there, and was so cool on a hot day. I love the farm house sinks, and all the little touches that made Victorian and older farm homes that. Home.
I am so with you Pearl. my love for nooks and crannies was hard to do in my log home but bless his heart my wonderful architect tried his hardest to do it for me. I wanted an inset window seat but didn't get it where I wanted it. Oh well a gal can dream. Love that sink too.
I like your sense of humour ! and there's nothing wrong in dreaming of the prettiest sink.... :-)
thank you for your lovely visit !
Lala
Post a Comment