Sunday, February 20, 2011

Of Loves Lost But Not Forgotten


My sweet little companion passed away last night, gently in his sleep. He was 16 years old and brought this family joy every day. The last month he started to revert back to being a little pup that wanted to jump into my lap and be hugged and cuddled all the time, and I was thrilled with that. His poor little body just could not go on so it was time. Gently into the arms of heaven. I love you "Little Rock" that's what I always said to him.


In his very young days at the old house, infatuated with my son's new hamster.

We had to put Reindeer antlers on him every Christmas, he was so tiny. Good bye my friend. "Rocky February 19, 2011

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Pearl.
Love and prayers,Elizabeth

It's me said...

What a sad news my darling Pearl and 16 years.......your sweetie gone....so sad !!! love and prayers from me darling....big hug !!! ...xxx...

Laurie said...

Oh I'm so sorry Miss Pearl, I know what you're feeling right now, having gone through this too much lately. Know he's there waiting for you, I really do believe this.

Unknown said...

Hi x Sending you biiiiiggggg hugs! x Leigh x

Wildflowerhouse said...

Oh Pearl I am so very sorry. We have these wonderful little creatures for such a short time. But they sure make our lives so much better.Hugs to you dear friend and you are in my thoughts. Sharon

Vicki/Jake said...

Awww Pearl, I'm sorry.:(
Keep him in your heart, he'll always be with you. Sending love...

wendy said...

I am so sorry about your loss Pearl. Hugs and prayers. Wendy

FredaB said...

16 years of good memories are very good to have. We still talk and laugh about our last dog Murphy who always did crazy things.

I think there is a time for us all man or beast and when it comes it comes.

I am sorry for little rocky and you. It is a very sad time for you.

Hugs

FredaB

Sue said...

Pearl, my heart breaks for you. No words, but a huge HUGE hug to you in your loss of such a treasured friend and family member

Love,

Sue

Dapoppins said...

Oh, I am sorry you lost the little sweety!

My Friends