I have spent so much time hunting for cloches for my cake plate stands that I was ready to scream! why because there so expensive. Then one day while searching on the greatest tool on earth (Internet) I ran across this tutorial. http://dollarstorecrafts.com/ and the rest is history! Brilliant and cheap idea.
I went to the dollar store and picked up my dish, now this one is not completely see through but for me it was perfect.
I found a great door knob for 50 cents and started gluing with Gorilla Glue. Tip: use a Popsicle stick to glue and use very little glue. I just tap it on and hardly use any glue at all. This stuff works so well. The end result was my desert plate with glass stem and I'm loving it.
A little birds nest soup anyone?
10 comments:
I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will never look at a large glass bowl the same way again.
Who would have THUNK it!
Thank you, ty ty ty ty ty ty ty
What a wonderfull idea, your cloche looks just beautifull, I will have that in mind ,next time seing a beautifull bowl.
Thankyou for your sweet comment.
Hugs,Dorthe
SUPER IDEA.....I know THAT glue is amazing...one must be sure to put it on only things you want glued together FOREVER however...we found out.
I will now to on the lookout for a glass bowl to make into a cloche.
Rose
Hello Pearl, Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. How cute and what a fabulous idea. I'm gonna get some of that glue, I had been wondering if it was really strong like the adds say.
Thank you for letting us know. All your past posts are cute too!
Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
Great idea Pearl. i too will start looking at bowls with a new eye. Also must get some of that Gorilla glue.
Hugs
FredaB
Oh Pearl, I've missed so many of your posts in the past couple of weeks and looking forward to catching up right now! Love this idea - thank you so much for sharing it!
xxoo
That is just lovely. And at a great great price.
Pearl, what a delightful and clever idea...for makking your cloche !
Thanks again for being so faithful in dropping by..and glad you enjoyed the link I have on my blog.
But tell me...WHERE do you see pictures of the old homes ? ...I did not find them on her blog.
( Blind as a bat)
Rose
Oh Pearl you are so clever. I love it!!!
Awesome Miss Pearl! I never would have thought of this idea! Very clever, and beautiful to boot. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment