Tomorrow is my Birthday! My sister and I took off to our old home town that we haven't seen in about 15 years and we went antique hunting. Boy did we have fun, one shop was loaded with furniture of all era's, glass, porcelain you name it. I wish I would remember to take my camera but I just never think about it.

I spotted this old ashtray because I was telling my sister that in the Victorian era and newer they made the most elaborate ashtrays. So I asked the lady if it was for sale she just smiled? I said "is that a yes or no?" She said "sure make an offer" I said "$20?" she said "sure!" that was to quick I guess she just wanted it carted away. I should have offered $10 :) but I love it. I'll use it for a Christmas prop. I took it up to pay and my sister said "I'll buy it for your Birthday" I was feeling some sisterly love.
I spotted this old ashtray because I was telling my sister that in the Victorian era and newer they made the most elaborate ashtrays. So I asked the lady if it was for sale she just smiled? I said "is that a yes or no?" She said "sure make an offer" I said "$20?" she said "sure!" that was to quick I guess she just wanted it carted away. I should have offered $10 :) but I love it. I'll use it for a Christmas prop. I took it up to pay and my sister said "I'll buy it for your Birthday" I was feeling some sisterly love.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday.
(((hugs)))
Happy birthday dear Pearl!!! I see you've already got some presents...and oooh how I love them. I've never seen such a beautiful ashtray.
I love the christmasdecoration in your house.
I wish you a very nice day!
Hugs Ester
Nice !! i like that angel !!!! happy birthday darling........love love love .....Ria....
Happy Birthday Pearl! I love the angel!! I was just telling my sister we have to get out to some estate sales again. Have a wonderful week! Wendy
Happy Happy Birthday Pearl !
This is in addition to the card...
HAPPY B-DAY
Now think of the Beatles B-Day Song..
*Today is your birthday.. (dadadadada)
You're gonna have a good time..*
(dadadadada)
On to another good one :)
Happy Birthday Pearl. I love your name.
xoxo,
Sue
Post a Comment