Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Gift For A Big Heart


This is one of the Amish fireplaces, my girlfriend has wanted one for years. This is a gal that has been single all her life and has one daughter, her sister had four kids and she's an addict which means she never took care of her kids properly. When they were at a very young age Jaci went to all the places the kids were housed (dope house's) and walked straight into these places and grabbed the kids and all there clothes and took them to her home. She met with some very unsavory hostility, one big meth head got in her way and said "you ain't taking that baby any where" she knew she was about to die but she became enraged and said "no body is going to stop me from taking my nephews!" thank god another addict knew who Jaci was and said "hey man let her take em and we won't have to listen to it cry anymore" the guy slowly moved out of the way and off Jaci went. A couple of days later the sister came over wanting her kids and Jaci basically told her get out of my house and don't you ever come back I'm raising them. The sister said "I'll call the cops on you" Jaci told her "go ahead I'm sure they would love to talk to you about those warrants you have" of course she backed down and Jaci raised the boys and her daughter all by herself. She is the hardest worker ever, never calls in sick etc. She has medical conditions now and can't work. No one has ever helped her out but she gives all the time to everyone! She has a best friend Kathy who has helped her out since junior high, life long friends these two. I have never talked to Kathy but I got a call from her tonight and she told me that she ordered the fireplace for Jaci and just got it in and wanted to know if I would like to go in on it? I said "hell yes" I told her I was going to do this same thing and call her. She is such a sweet heart and cannot very well afford this big item so I told her I will call Alex (her daughter) and have her see if all her friends will chip in. Kathy was very grateful so our big secret is on its way for Christmas, I cannot wait until she sees it. If anyone one deserves a miracle its our friend. Now I'm going to call the nephews. Shh it's a secret....

7 comments:

Dapoppins said...

What a wonderful, heart "warming" gift!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

That's the spirit of Christmas!
(((warm hugs)))

wendy said...

How sweet Pearl! Doesn't it make you feel so good when you can do something for someone who really deserves it! Have a wonderful weekend Pearl.

Pierelantijntjes said...

Dear Pearl,
What a story. I've got tears in my eyes. I'm so glad that this is going to be a wonderful christmas for Jaci...not only fot this present she's getting, but also for this gesture of warm friendship.
Have a great weekend.
hugs Ester

It's me said...

What a amazing story Pearl.....that is the spirit of christmas!!....................love love love Ria....

Unknown said...

It's great that the kindness of folks at Christmas come to the fore. How wonderful - and such a pefect gift that she will treasure every day for the rest of her life.

I hope those children she brought up, return the kindness and help her in her time of need

Cheryl said...

That gal sounds amazing. What a wonderful gift of love your giving her :-)
~Cheryl

My Friends