Well we opened the doors at 8:00 a.m. and by 4:00 p.m we had made a huge amount of money so that was a thrill, tomorrow we open again so wish us luck!
It was so much fun meeting people and learning about there collections and we had some Antique dealers that came in and told us a lot about colored glass and what to look for fake and real.
Purse's sold real well, my sister is quite the purse fiend so some of them had never been used. She's definitely a Hoarder!
Pictures sold but very cheap.
All types of chairs sold plus the coffee table with pinkish Salmon marble top, to the right of the picture. I think my favorite customer was a 6ft. 2 inch big biker that had all the leathers and tattoos on. We mainly had female items left so I said "We don't have much guy stuff left" and he responded "what makes you think I'm looking for guy stuff?" in a real rough booming voice. And I'm like hmmm I better rethink this guy? He asked me "how much for this apple sauce grinder?" I said its marked, he says "highway robbery I just got one last week for a $1.00 and I said "yeah well this one has no rust on it" he started laughing and said "well that's true I'll take it" then he went over to the material bin and bought some material scraps and I asked him what he was making and he said "does it look like I sew!" I said "well maybe" and he laughed and said his girlfriend does crazy quilting. Then as we talked on we found out his girlfriend was an old class mate of ours. They have a Tattoo shop in town and there pretty successful. So he talked tattoo's for quite some time. He was a character and was a lot of fun. That's the part of business I like its the putting everything together that I hate. My hat goes off to the men and women that do this every day because it's a lot of work. I'm going to bed I'm pooped! Have a great weekend all.
4 comments:
Congrats on the success of your sale Pearl and I hope tomorrow is just as successful. I wish I was close enough to come.
Love the story of the big biker guy! Very cool.
Hugs,
Sue
Oh good for you!! I hope you do even better tomorrow!! I see cute stuff!
What a great stuff!! ...and wish you luck on the second sell day .......and hope it is better than yesterday..............love love Ria...
What super great your sale was a success. What a fun meeting with the tatooman. I see a lot of very nice things on the photo's Pearl. it's so great to earn some money with something that you do with your heart and soul.
Wish you all the best.
Hugs from a cold wet and windy Holland
Post a Comment