Monday, October 11, 2010

Antique Hunting


Once in Oregon we stopped down below the dam and found this wonderful park, in the background you see the rock wall and looking over you could fall in and quickly get washed away. I took pictures but they did not turn out. (welcome to my world)

Jaci peeking out of a tree!

All kinds of shops! cute little town but only 2 blocks, but then you have "The Outlet Mall"

This became our favorite shop ~Bev Frank Antiques~

Furniture of all shapes and styles!

I loved this old curio cabinet
She had all styles of chandeliers & lots of them
Pictures and awesome frames which we picked up 5 of them because her prices were amazingly cheap.

Many clocks to choose from and lamps galore

These old hatpins were like some I've never seen

Really nice old lamps

Lovely painted pictures and tapestries

This is only a small sample of the amazing dolls she had.

The old toys were really in nice shape

Her china was really pretty and she had old complete sets too

Tea cups every where

If you blow this picture up you will see these porcelain or china pots, they are amazing and expensive. The big one on the left was like $1,150 to much for my blood or it would be sitting in my cabinet right now.

Old beaded purse's every where.

These dolls are so scary that I cannot imagine the children that owned them, they must have physiological problems big time. Can you imagine lying in bed at night at age 4 and the moon light coming through the window and seeing these two! The nightmares they must have had. I had to keep going by them in the store and they gave me the willies!

Sweet milk glass and porcelain

All the furniture was for sale and there were many pieces I would have bought had I had a moving truck.

The hat pin holders were my favorites as I have a pin collection.

Cute little children chairs too.

Lots of chairs and rugs

Chrystal everywhere.

The cameo's were brilliant and oh I wanted several.

Lot's of old silverware in baskets



Some oriental big pieces
Jaci loving the jewelry and we bought many pieces of old costume jewelery for $2.00 dollars a piece!!!!

I had been through the store like a whirl wind and was about to take another go through when I caught Jaci over at the jewelery again ha. Why buy new when old is so much cheaper?

Most of these beauties were gone but I captured this one between two buildings

They have very expensive art shops and a furniture store that was crazy expensive, children's store, and a antique mall with two floors, a general store that had an amazing collection of everything with two floors this became my favorite sandwich shop with amazing quiches and lots more. Jaci tried to take pictures of me shopping but they just would not turn out because she has cataracts and needs to have them removed for the second time, she is only 54 years old

6 comments:

Pierelantijntjes said...

How wonderful it is to spend a few days with a good friend, and go shopping in such beautiful stores. I think I could spend a whole day with all those georgious things.

Hugs Ester

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Got an adrenaline rush just looking at these pictures. :0)
The kind where you are standing at the door and about to enter.
Been a long time since I've been in an antique shop,but haven't forgot that feeling.
A natural high is what it is!

It's me said...

What a wonderful things.......that must be great days together!!....i love it all....happy week darling.....love Ria....

Dapoppins said...

This shop is in Troutdale?
Oh Lordy. All in that in one shop, I was going to ask if that was the antique mall...those two baby dolls were so very grumpy, your right! They would give me nightmares too.

Debra said...

Oh wow! Thanks for the lovely tour--I even loved the colors on the walls. That group of dolls was my favorite thing, but oh my, those two dolls were scary, indeed! Yikes! :) Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Debra

Sue said...

Whoa, what a great looking shop (and from the sounds of it some really great prices too).

Sue:)

My Friends