Since I was a very young girl I have always wanted a make up vanity like this one. I would look at antiques and think "oh to sit down and put my make up on and brush my hair at night would be so wonderful.

My girlfriend Jaci who I have known all my life called me and said "Remember that Antique bedroom set I have and you said if I ever sold it you wanted first pick? Well it's yours if you still want it" And then when she told me the price I was stunned. Way to cheap, I told her I would be stealing it from her. And she stated "I don't care I just want everything out of the house so I can sell it and move on" She's down sizing to a small condo. I just could not believe my ears so I walked.....ran over there with the money and more and she fought me saying it's to much. I told her to shut up and take it. Friends are like that you know never wanting to take advantage. Some day I hope to return the favor.

My girlfriend Jaci who I have known all my life called me and said "Remember that Antique bedroom set I have and you said if I ever sold it you wanted first pick? Well it's yours if you still want it" And then when she told me the price I was stunned. Way to cheap, I told her I would be stealing it from her. And she stated "I don't care I just want everything out of the house so I can sell it and move on" She's down sizing to a small condo. I just could not believe my ears so I walked.....ran over there with the money and more and she fought me saying it's to much. I told her to shut up and take it. Friends are like that you know never wanting to take advantage. Some day I hope to return the favor.
It was painted and shabied up and the detail is so sweet. Now when my son moves out I will make up a guest room that is a light cream blue and put this in there. I'm so excited! "Oh son.......
20 comments:
I had that exact set and gave it to a friend for her daughter and she gave it away. Argh!!!! Congrats to you for your beautiful furniture.
Smiles,Pat
Well Miss Pearl, I can see you sneaking into the guest bedroom to sit and brush your hair at night (never mind the guest sleeping in the bed, they won't notice)! Love it. You really have a special set there.
Love the set Miss Pearl! I'm so happy one of your dreams came true! Enjoy it friend, you deserve it!
What a DELIGHT....I remember loving fancy perfume bottles like the movie stars used...and always wanted them too.
Now you have the place to put some of them , if you have them, or anything else you like.
What a nice friend.
I know you will ENJOY it as long as you live.
Isn't it funny how some dreams never die.
Rose
It's B eau ti Ful !!!
It's just gorgeous!! We are never too old to have our childhood dream!!!
What a pretty set! So glad you got your dream! Have a wonderful week! Wendy
Oh, I just love that! That's the perfect vanity! I've always wanted one too! Enjoy! ;) Paulette
Pearl, this set is gorgeous! I can just envision your new guestroom, it will be so inviting and beautiful!
Hugs,
Sue
I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!!
I like your cabinets !!! beautiful painted !! you did a great job !!! happy evening...love Ria....
love how you are all ready for your son to move out and change up his room with superior cuteness.
what a darling bedroom set. i hope we get photos when it is all set up in it's proper room!
Hi. Visting from Main Street Memories. What a beautiful vanity! I hope it brings you much happiness; I am sure that it will.
Best,
Colleen
Sneaking in to say hi...
I'll come for a sleepover when your son moves out :) Doncha love the special gift of friendship...
Enjoy it Pearl.
wow!!! how lucky of you!!! It´s absolutely adorable!!! Really a great and beautiful piece, love, love, love it!!!
cariños,
maria cecilia
It is beautiful Pearl ! I had one very similar given to me for my granddaughter.She loves it! She is so much like her grandma!
Pearl,
Love your new bedroom set! It’s a beauty and the fact it came from a friend makes it that much sweeter.
I’ve been looking at your blog posts and the mention about Hoarders cracked me up. That show has been my inspiration to purge and get organized. I just don’t want to go to the other extreme and become obsessive compulsive. Somewhere in the middle would suit me.
I’m also wanted to thank you for the encouraging words about my daughter Heather. I’m thankful and hoping things go well.
Cathy
Dear Pearl, thank you so much for visiting my blog.
I so love this dresser!!!
cariños
Pearl, thanks so much for your supportive comment on my blog! It means a lot.
Glad you checked out Hyperbole and a half - I just finished reading her
post about her dog - Hilarious!!
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/07/dog.html
Hugs,
Sue
Post a Comment