Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting Ready For Estate Sell......


I went to my sisters shop where we are setting up for the sale and thought I might show you some of this haul. This is only one shot of the numerous pictures that we have. Some are "Home Interiors" some had painted oils and a few that are carved wood.

These are the hand carved ones, aren't they great!

Tons of dishware and silver.


And of course those annoying collectibles from the 60s & 70s, I do love the basket though I was at this old women's ceramic shop one day and it was put high on a shelf and it was so well done I asked her about, she said she had made it years ago. I asked if I could buy it and she said "that old thing!" and she only charged me $4 for it. I would keep it but it is light peach and cream and I'm not into the color anymore. So someone else can enjoy it.

This is handmade by my girlfriends father (who has passed) he was really into wood working and did beautiful work. She has so much of it that she's ready to part with some of it.

He made all sizes of bowls and they are beautiful and in all types of wood, myrtle, oak, mahogany, and some have inlaid wood. He also made the clocks too.

Platters from the 50s, I love the leave one.


Hurricane lamps


Old bottles and baby shoes in bronze. I cannot believe all the bronze shoes you find in collectible shops. This one if you make the picture larger looks like a very old shoe.

We love old chairs and have way to many so we are parting with them. I love this old cane table and wished I had some where to put it but alas....


A baby cradle and more chairs, another cane piece and Jaci's father made the lamps too.


Some of my pieces and the old table on rollers is my sisters. I can't wait to get rid of it all so we can make some money and quit having to store it all, oh yeah to buy new old stuff :)
And this is just the start of it we still have the big pieces of furniture coming. When will we get it done? Lord only knows? P.S. after just shooting some of these pictures I dropped my camera and broke the lens aaaaahhhhhhh! I live by my camera hope it can be fixed.

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey Miss Pearl! Wish I lived closer, what a fantastic sale! I love the chairs, and the furniture is beautiful. My camera is a Panisonic Lumix. It was cheaper than my old camera, and when it broke Ken gave me his. It's been a nice little camera.cationi

Home and Heart said...

Fun fun fun!!! Good luck!!

Unknown said...

It's like walking into a wonderland - oh I wish I lived over the pond - it I win the lottery I just might be first in the queue on the day

Wishing you all every success and hope that it goes well - and that you make a bundle

Dapoppins said...

having trouble with my comments today! wanted to say that this looks like a great sale, love all the furniture and glassware, but darn-it, I have my own stuff to find home for...Where are you located again?

Dapoppins said...

having trouble with my comments today! wanted to say that this looks like a great sale, love all the furniture and glassware, but darn-it, I have my own stuff to find home for...Where are you located again?

Sue said...

Pearl you have some lovely pieces for your sale.....wish I lived closer, I would love to snag some of these items!

Thank you so much for your very kind comments on my blog about my wrist!

I'm off now to catch up on your other postings here.

Hugs,

Sue

Wildflowerhouse said...

Good grief that's a lot of items. I love the wood bowls and wood carvings. I took graduate classes at U of MN in lithograph and wood and copper carving for printmaking. Carving in stone was the hardest. But I digress (again lol). Hope your weather is better that here. I have my snorkel and web feet parked at the door for a quick get away.

Shirl said...

Hello Pearl, Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment.
Very neat things for your sale, chairs are so pretty. I hope you have a great sale!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

maría cecilia said...

So sorry to hear about your camera, hope you can get it fixed!! I just would love to come to your sale, you have such wonderful items, the little craddle would be mine!!!
Cariños,
Maria Cecilia

My Friends