Monday, May 3, 2010

It's A Girl!!




I finally got to snap a picture of this beautiful female, I've been putting biscuits out the side garage door and noticed they were gone so I went into the kitchen to scrounge something up and the cupboards are bare. I read where these local people who raise these animals feed them nothing but raw vegetables so one can of corn and what the heck maybe she will eat kidney beans? I found her later in the yard rolling on her back licking her chops and snapped these pics. So I waited until she left and found this
Yep it's true vegetables it is! I called Mr. P and asked if he would bring home a very large sack of dog food so it's on it's way. When I went down and took this pic she was next door in the neighbors dirt with 30 to 40 miles an hour wind gusts. I called her "Bell" come here girl and she looked at me and as soon as I turn to go and look back she is no where in sight. Oh she's quick this one, but I am winning her over with food slowly but surely.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Pearl,This looks like a great dane too me with ears uncropped.Thats what my Dutchess is too!!!They are a awesome and very loving breed!I would call a great dane rescue.I'd love to hear more about her.I am so glad you are going to feed her.I'm sure she is starved lost or dumped.Bless you for taking her food.Jennifer

Pierelantijntjes said...

What good that she is coming back every time. And you are taking good care by feeding her.
Greetings Ester

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

She's great...get it? Hahahhaaha..anyway, I give my 2 carrots and they LOVE them..maybe she will too?

Sue said...

Try giving her carrots or pieces of apple as treats. Our wheaten is not a raw foods dog, but does like veggies and fruits (except bananas) and a treat to him is a baby carrot and/or a slice of apple.

Good luck with this beauty!

Hugs!

My Friends