Today was glorious! 71 degrees and very little wind, so the planting begins. Deep dark red ivy geranium and lavender zonal geraniums.
A touch of yellow here
The boys (dogs) got to come out and spend the day with me planting and they loved every glorious minute of it. My 16 year old has always loved to garden with me, sniffing my flowers and wagging his tail following me all over. Baby my 2 year old has learned to love it too, I pull a weed out and toss it in the air and he pounces on it and rips it to shreds (now if only I could teach him to pull weeds!) As I worked they kept bringing the ball to me to throw and they rolled and rolled in the grass. Pure doggie heaven let me tell ya.
I have had this old piece of drift wood since I was 16 years old, it houses my chicks & hens.
Tomorrow I plant my Hawaiian beauty.
Lots of plants to go and get me started.
I love this Spanish lavender (left) and I can't remember this ones name?
I have great plans for my rock wall, a tipped planter with loads of flowers spilling out, some plants to hide the air conditioner.
A new house being built right next to our neighbors, it's fun to watch the homes going up. I guess once a builder always a builder. I'll get pictures of the house our family is building across the street from us tomorrow.
10 comments:
What beautiful and colorful plants you've got. And it sounds like doggy heaven indeed.
I love christmas too, love to decorate and see old chrismas movies. And that icecream lookes delicious, wish I could be with you to eat one too.
Have a great day, Pearl
Hugs Ester
I can't wait to start planting! My perennials are doing great, just waiting for the temperatures to stabilize so I can get my hands in the dirt! House is doing great Miss Pearl! Can't wait to see the after pictures of your gardens.
Coffee Espresso Ice cream with chocolate chips!! Yum.....
Why you live so far away my dear Pearl??? hugs from me...........
oh i couldn't agree more! let's plant! hopefully we are done with the snow and will be able to get some much needed colorful flowers soon! your yard is beautiful!
Pearl, I can only imagine the wonderful time you are having planning your planting at your new house! (not only the garden, but you have all those planters to fill for your balcony). It is going to be beautiful.
Hugs,
Sue
Hi Pearl,
Just found your blog and became a follower. Just read where you call your dogs 'the boys'. I do the same. What's with that? ;)
Country Blessings,
Cindy
Ahhh...love your flowers...we've just started planting a little too...love looking out my window and gazing at our new plantings.
Hi Pearl!
Some of our flowers are up but we have'nt started planting outside yet. We started some plants in the house but haven't moved them outside yet, they're still saying we could have frost. I did a post on my blog this evening and hope to keep up on posting now. Have a great week.
My goodness - how you have transformed your outside space - already it is looking gorgeous. You are one very busy lady.
I was so sad to read that after all you could not start your shop - I know how excited you were about it - me too.
You seem to have lots of things to fill your time though.
I was thinking back to last year - and you in your other neighbourhood. It seems a life time ago now - and I am over the moon that everything has worked out so well for you.
You sound so happy and bubbly now - buzzing - brilliant
Pearl please can you email me with your address - I do not have the new one
xxx
Post a Comment