Friday, April 30, 2010

How's The Rose's Coming Along?


Well not to bad after a few tries but I need more practice that's for sure. This is a dryer sheet that I did and I tea stained some others after seeing this wonderful tutorial by: http://katiesrosecottage.blogspot.com/ (It's the 3rd post down) ya gotta check out her wonderful site and how her rose's are. Just gorgeous! If I could just sit her down next to me and I could watch her then I'd have it down pat. Once I'm "shown" something I can do it no problem. Yeah you guessed it I was a terrible student. But it's life's lessons that taught me all I needed to know :)

This is a "used" tea bag just opened up and spilling the contents out and waiting for it to dry. I cut mine in half length ways and you just start rolling. Here is the tutorial http://treasuresfromtheheartgifts.blogspot.com/ And here is a wonderful tutorial for fabric roses. http://bridgetbaxter.blogspot.com/

I started doing material after seeing this last tutorial and I can work with this much better. I just don't do the small stuff to well my fingers just aren't nibble enough. But this is fun trying to learn this.
Didn't do much more for the Baby board but added my dried roses, and some fake flowers. I like it simple. So show me some tutorials will ya?

6 comments:

Laurie said...

How pretty Pearl! I really need to try that. I'm for tutorials too!

Wildflowerhouse said...

I will have to check this tut out next. I am so mad at the cold rainy weather has it has put a halt to my yard work.bah*#@*! So you did mail art. I want to see some from you. Post post post! I decided to put my flowers on Etsy and or my own little shop.So we will see... Hope the sun is shining for you!

It's me said...

Hello Pearl.......i saw it by Kathy........that roses...........you worked it out.....great job !!!!

It looks so nice !! i love it....have a great sunny saterday......hugs from me.....and thanks for visiting my blog.........bye!

Pierelantijntjes said...

Ohh the roses are so beautful. And thank you for the tutorials. If I find tutorials I will let you know. The hanger is so lovely too.
have a great weekend,
Greetings Ester

Old Time Cindy said...

Well If I can't attend to my flowers outdoors due to the rain maybe I'll try my hand at these. Thanks!
Country Blessings,
Cindy

Vicki/Jake said...

Yikes, gotta run to work but had to do a quick looksee...
I love what you're doing now and I think it looks great! I know you can do anything...so do you!!

Missed ya

My Friends