
Well they got the laminate on the counter tops today so it looks more complete each day. And yes I said "Laminate" because it's cheap and it's come along way from the old days. We saved lots there!

Here's the main bath, I had to go out yesterday to buy my sinks that day!! Whats wrong with men? Tell me a month ahead of time so if I have to order (which you always have to around here) I can get them in on time and choose the ones I want? So I went up to the house and all the men were hustling and bustling and they tell me o.k. go get your sinks were ready to put them in. "Geesh you guys is there a brain cell in your head?" So I speed down to the local high dollar store (because everybody else just have white sinks" I tell this great girl the predicament I'm in with these men and she gives me this knowing look and rolls her eyes. I told her I wanted brown or linen colored sinks, so she shows me the perfect one. I'll take it I says, then I asked her if I buy 4 sinks and facets from you right now off the show room floor will you give me a deal? She said "Absolutely" I'm thinking I like this gal right from the get go, so I find a "linen" colored sink for the master and I told her that will work. She said I only have one its discontinued, so I said o.k. put it in the hallway bath and what else do you have for master with two sinks? She said all i have is white. I wanted to cry! I told her my sad story of living in an all white house, my sinks are white, my counters are white, my floors were white, my walls are white, so you see honey I'm living in a white nightmare!!! I think I got my point across so she said "this sink here may come in Linen" so she called the warehouse and they had two in stock! Now were talking, thanks hon. A special note to you guys out there " DON'T EVER DO THIS TO YOUR WOMEN OR YOU JUST MIGHT GET THROWN OFF A 30 FT. BALCONY she ended up giving me a great deal. My husband shows up with the truck and she grabs the sink boxes two at a time! (there heavy as hell) my husband and I are walking in front of her and I told my husband "Honey this gall is going to beat us to the truck so start walking faster" she started laughing and said "my girls are always yelling at me to slow down in stores because I have such long legs they can't keep up" She was probably 6ft. 5in and big boned and boy did she have the strength. Real sweet gal, thanks kiddo.

Cabinets are almost done and the counter tops guys still have the edges to do. They were a bunch of old hippies doing the counter tops, they looked like ZZ Top the singing group. Real down to earth people which is my favorite type of peeps. They were real funny too and kept telling me "you know mam if we did tile back splash we would be out of here in one day but because your using laminate and we have to roll it and blah blah blah it's going to take alot longer to get this done" I told them "tell your boss you could be on another job if I buy tile and I will save him labor cost so he has to give me a good deal" they said "oh hell yeah we'll tell him that no problem" so went to go buy tile and told him to write me a bid for both and lets see what is cheaper? He'll call me tomorrow and he was real happy that I changed my mind. Now we will see how happy he'll make me tomorrow :)

Here is my beautiful stove sitting in the middle of the work area and it had no cover on it, so I put this beautiful :) ugly bedspread on it that I found. Then I decided to make sure all the doors were locked and found the garage side door unlocked! Well now that's convenient, we really have to lock up tight now because peeps will even rip out cabinets and steal them. The guys working outside on the stucco are quite the characters. They won't even say hello when I say it first to them. You get blank stares and they ignore you and give ya dirty looks sometimes. I'm like geesh even if ya can't speak English everybody knows what "hello" means? Well they just don't know what there missing, because I'm a great gal to get to know, I even said "hello" in there language and got nothing? Dang life's to short guys to be that way.

All lights are hanging up high until everybody is done inside.

Counter tops look way cool let me tell ya. And when I picked out the tile I found one that matches so well I amazed myself. The cabinet man said "its so nice to see someone put in dark cabinets for a change, I do the same stuff over and over" I told him wait until you see the handles I picked out, cabinets are cabinets until you put the jewelery on. He said "and that's right too" I like this guy.



2 comments:
It just keeps getting better every day Pearl! Tell the workers Laurie said Hi. think they'll respond!?
Hey you, what a fun post! Love that it's sooo close to you being in it.
Ask the zz guys if they know a tune..hehe and next time you see the outside dudes, just stick your tongue out at them, you know, give em a raspberry greeting! Ok, I'm bad..just don't have room for the rude ones in my life.
And on to another day closer :D
Post a Comment