
This pretty music box was made in Italy and it is my Mothers, I went to her home today and she wasn't there so I went in and waited for her. My new home is right up by her so I waited and waited, no Ma so I decided to clean. She has hard water in her sinks so bad and has complained she can't get it off. So I tackled all three sinks and got the hard water off for her with a good old fashioned pumice stone. Well when she got home she was tickled to death and had brought in some Lime away from the store. She has emphysema so she can't do a lot and was totally whooped when she came in. She could barely breathe so I made her sit down and put her oxygen on and had her relax while I finished cleaning. She has such a hard time letting us girls clean for her because she's always kept a spotless home. So we were roaming around the house and I had her show me some other things I could do. Well she had this beautiful piece that I had remembered as a child. I said "oh you still have that! I just saw one on a blog last night and I just love these" She says "you can have it I don't need it anymore" I was blown away and then she gave me another Victorian sconce that is so cool. She said "leave it here if you want until you move into the new home" But this music box was coming home with me tonight!! I shall put my little secrets inside of it.


8 comments:
Oh my, that is beautiful! I love all the little compartments.
Exquisite music box! So much detail!
That is so beautiful! The rose book you shared, I would love to find one of those. Who published it?
It sounds like your days are filled with house stuff, but it is coming along!!!!!!
What a treasure to have something as special as this little music box...to remember it as a girl and to have it come all the way from your mother's home in Italy!
I am sure you will enjoy it for many years to come! Take care,
Laura
It is beautiful and so very special. You are a nice daughter to help your mother like that! It is hard when they can't do what they used to. I got a chuckle when you said my shadow box was "way cool!"
who could have thought i was going to have av visitor from so far away..great fun!!
and the picture on the wall is from an old postcard that i have made as a wallpaper..love it..love it..love it..
thank you for your pretty words and enjoy your lovely litte music box..hi..suck a lovely word!!
take care from miss sophie :)
Hi Pearl, Thank you so much for stopping by and for keeping Molly in your prayers. What a beautiful treasure!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
What a beautiful thing to have from your Mom, something to treasure always. Does it play a tune? That will be nice to be so close to her too.
Post a Comment