Sunday, October 11, 2009

Do You Ever Feel Lost?

Frustrated? Everything but the most important part is getting done with the house. They will be in Wednesday 14th to sheet rock. My cabinet man has put me off for way to long...I just got his bid.... $50,000 dollars!!!! Now I have high end taste folks but this is ridiculous. This covers only the cabinets in the house, bath, laundry, kitchen. That does not include floors or counter tops! We have dealt with this guy in all our Commercial endeavors but never a house....he's gonna have to stick to Commercial. I just ran last Friday to get 2 more bids so we will see what they come up with. And they said there 4 to 5 weeks out!!! to get them done. ): My Father just did my nephews house last summer and the entire package was. $18,000 and that was for everything! My guy I have been working with showed me the last drawing of the plans Friday by fax. When I got that you should have heard me, I sounded like a sailor I was so angry. 3 weeks he's held me up! with computers now they can have it drawn up in 1 day! And get this he added a few things
for me that I did not request, like 2 laundry hampers in the master bath cabinets...I don't want no stinken wood laundry baskets. I have a huge laundry room.
Here's my kitchen..I added the furniture legs.
The upper cabinet is for show only, glass fronts. And this is not the type of upper one I asked for, it is not a square box but is suppose to be more vertical. (I will not cuss I will not cuss)

The plan showed to have an ugly panel at the end here for the desk, so I changed it to furniture legs.
The cabinet was to go on the left wall in this little corner but it would not fit. I just drew and oval mirror like I'm going to have cause I have full mirrors in the old house now and I'm not having that washing nightmare anymore.
Is this cool or what? Well take the fancy salad bowl sinks out cause I didn't want that either. But are not these cabinets sitting on top of counter the best, with glass panels that light up inside!
Very expensive on the bath and kitchen so I told him not to put any doors above on cabinets cause I'm doing the basket thing.
To the left was was a real tiny drawer and cabinet so I had them take it out. I want to just have a place for the garbage can and not inside a cupboard. I'm suppose to have doors on this side so not sure why they aren't drawn in? See what I mean. If the cabinets would have been ordered on time and approved on time I would probably move in by Dec 1st who knows now. But we are putting our house on the market this Monday. It is exciting and I'm very grateful to all the men & women that have built, concreted, insulated etc. Hopefully (krum Mondays a holiday) Tuesday my plans will be ready at the other 2 places. I'M SO TIRED.....zzzzzz

2 comments:

Vicki/Jake said...

Building is such a pain sometimes, but you just stick to what YOU want! And cuss all you want too!!Makes ya feel better sometimes (O: Love your plans and ideas, so stay with them and it'll be worth it when it's done. Keep us informed...

RoeH said...

I like it. I always thought it would be fun to build a house. I don't think that so much anymore. But I wouldn't 20 years ago.

My Friends