Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mean People Suck



I will give you the short story on the neighbors (since you asked) As soon as we moved in all the neighbors came over to greet us. "welcome to the neighborhood" I noticed they were a pretty tight nit group, the bad mouthed the poorest neighbor a little bit. I thought what ever, the typical gossips. The invited us to birthdays and a few other functions threw the first years. I got real tired of them real quick because the were always bad mouthing each other when one was not there. "Homey don't play that" (remember Saturday night live?) So we got fed up because are close neighbors kept borrowing stuff and we ended up fixing things for them all the time. But...they never returned the favor. So I just started telling them we were busy and just stuck to our selves. They had a new puppy and he would come into our garage and defecate and urinate. So we kept telling them about it and finally after we pulled everything out of the garage to mop the floor!, they decided it was time to have the now older dog nurtured. But for some reason he came over to our back deck right in front of our sliding door and left us a howdy doo every morning, (on wood people!) So off we went and both I and my husband told them what was going on. Now mind you I had two dogs no fence and they were trained to never leave the yard. They had 1 dog with a fence? So we told them and they never did anything about it. I kept complaining so one night I'm in my Master bedroom on the computer and I have a door with a full window in it. All of a sudden a flashlight appears on my deck and someone stomping on my deck. Scared me to death! It was the wife next door and she was drunk and came over after letting her dog out to pee, to see if he crapped on the deck! I said "What's up? do you think we would lie about it?" I just wanted to see for myself she says, and no poop this time. I said "He comes in the morning when were having coffee on the deck would you like to come over at 7:00 a.m. and have a cup of coffee?" She just smiled and said "oh no I believe you". Cute eh? Anyway she never did and it continued. They decided to get another new puppy so they could have two. I shoveled so much poop with my two and there two it was ridiculous. So i got a 5 gal. bucket and started putting in all there pooh and when it was half full I put it on the property line with a big shovel in it! It did absolutely no good? We gave hints for years, and then decided to put a fence up. Before we did one of there dogs ran through are yard like every day and ran into busy traffic and got snuffed. I felt bad and they have a small property so I told them to bury him on ours. So sad, kids crying. And there daughter came into my back yard with all her friends (she must have been 7 years old) and said very loudly as I was telling them to get away from the busy road from the deck, "You need to put up a fence!!!!!" I said "No you need to use yours" The mentality of these people was something else. Ya know she heard this from the parents. Anyway after a couple of more years we put up a vinyl fence. (over ten thousand) 1/2 acre lot. Sick! I know but I was done with wooden fences. It didn't work cause they let there dog go in our side yard that we could not fence. A very small area with some city stuff in it, and it was in grass. Still my property. It continued so I finally called animal control, and all hell broke loose!! There friends in the neighborhood ganged up on us and we have had garbage thrown in our yard, extra dog poo (like we didn't have enough) so after putting up with this I then called the cops. The cops would say well there's really nothing we can do Mame. And we found out later there best friends down the street had a brother cop and he and his buddies would go hang out at her place all the time in city cop cars. So that cop was pretty much rude to me and I knew instantly it was one of her buddies. Then because I called the cops the neighbor came outside after the cop left, and called me out of my garage. You bitch you called the cops on me! etc, etc. The whole neighborhood came out watching. I called the cops again and they said they would send somebody out. After 4 hours of waiting I get a phone call back from the cop that was out before. Whats the problem he says, so I tell him and he says, you know I talked to your neighbors and they said your a trouble maker. I said "is that right? I never saw you talk to my neighbors and I have been sitting here for 4 hours for you to show up? so when did you talk to them? He says "it takes two sides to have a fight, stay away from your neighbor!" I do stay away, I was the one who got called out of my garage?" He repeats "stay away from your neighbor" very mean and ugly. So after that I started taking pictures of all the dogs crapping in my yard, and had cops do slow drivebys by my house, giving me very ugly looks. The sister who's brother is a cop was infuriated by me taking pictures.....more garbage in side my yard. So I put cameras up on there side of the house so they went into the orchard next to me and like slithering little snakes started throwing garbage that way. They watched us all the time for 4 years now!! Anytime I come outside they send there older kids out in the cul-de-sac in front of our house to raise as much noise as they can. 4years people! They started killing my flowers out front all of a sudden I had flowers dying like crazy. Anyway it has sent me into a severe depression and I've tried talking to them to no avail. So we decided we had to move from our retirement home, our dream home. It's a very long complicated story as to why we have not sued them. We are just moving period! So I decided to put a sign out and it says "Please don't kill our flowers anymore" And they are just livid! End of story.
You ladies Rock! I love you all. Thanks for the comments it really helped me alot, so here is a gift for all of you!! Oh wait.....I can't sew? O.K. so if I could I would sent you all a bag from Katie but I'm poor right now ): sooo I'll just say THANK YOU BUNCHES!

12 comments:

Outstanding Stranger said...

Oh Pearl, if this wasn't the poopiest story I every heard it would be funny...Sounds like the pod people or something. How about the POO People. I hate that you have to move from your home but it sounds like you will never be at peace there. I can't believe you have been going through this for four years. God bless you from wicked people. Hugs, Diane

Laurie said...

Oh wow Pearl, I would be out of my mind putting up with this "poop" for 4 years!? Isn't it comforting to know the cops of all people can't even be unbiased. So much better luck to you in your new home, the upside of the whole thing you get a brand new house out of your neighbors ignorance!

Debra said...

Oh, this is so sad. I can't believe it. I don't blame you for moving at all--I would have moved years ago because I cannot stand conflict (and I can't stand mean people, either). I'm so sorry this has happened to you but I believe you will find a house and a neighborhood you like so much better. Hang in there and know you are doing the right thing...Hugs, Debra

Wildflowerhouse said...

I think my old neighbor must have moved next to you. We put up a hedge. Ha. Their son would throw their dog poop over the hedge onto our patio. We were having dinner one night when it came flying over and that did it. We moved! I now live in the MIDDLE of thirteen acres. Nice neighbors and no problemos anymore. I feel for you Pearl. There are some really sick people and think how unhappy their lives are. You will be out of there soon. Sharon

Wildflowerhouse said...

PS Love the Cat. Great look!!!

wendy said...

I will never understand some people, how they can be so thoughtless and rude and think nothing of it. So glad you get to get away from them and their..poop!

Unknown said...

It makes me so sad to read what you have been going through for four years! And to have to leave your dream retirement home.

I strongly believe in 'what goes around comes around' so I hope that it does to those people who live next to you. I couldn't even call them neighbours - as a neighbour is supposed to be kind - and friendly - at best or at worst leave you alone to live and let live.

I hope you find a new home soon and are granted some peace and happiness to enjoy the rest of your retirement.

xx

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

so sorry you had to go thorough this! We are blessed with great neighbors and I know we are lucky - most people have has some issues with neighbors :-(

The cat is PerFeCT!

Have a very non-poopie day!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh Pearl, this story is just the saddest, most dreadful story of the worst neighbors on the planet!!! What nerve! What kind of people are they to be so cruel and insensitive. Mean spirited and bitter people. I will be praying for a ceasing of this harrasment, for an invisible fence of righteousness and honor that they may not tread upon! Horrible just horrible. You poor sweet dear lady. Blessings~Sharon

Vicki/Jake said...

Ok, I'll say it....well, kinda...
What a bunch of CRAPPY neighbors!
I know you're building the beautiful new house and you'll find peace there. As for the people who will be the *new* neighbors when you leave... hopefully it's some big brute of a guy who knows how to fling the crap back at them (O:
Just keep smiling, knowing Karma will get them no matter....hehe

The French Bear said...

OMG what a bunch of poopy neighbors!!! I am sorry you have to move, that's not fair!!!!
I wish you good luck and I will send you good karma (it's free) and I hope it makes it to you via cyberspace!!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Cola's Cottage said...

Oh my dear, I am so sorry to hear that you have had to deal with such rotten people! I know how stressful that is as my family was threatened by some imbalance people who bought a spec home from us. Long story short it went to court and they had no case. We had to suffer the brunt of their threats and they bad mouthed us to anyone who would listen. Truth is people like that eventually are seen for the "crappy" people they are and they cannot fool people for long. If they have friends who see it their way then they are not worth the time of day. Some people cannot be reasoned with and they live life with rose colored glasses. I wish you all the best in your new home!! Blessings my dear! ~ Nichole

My Friends