
"Gram" guess what this is? A butterfly sitting on a birdbath? Noooo! she says. A man with a hat on and big ears? With a beard! "Grammie, I'll give you a hint, you sit in it" A chair on a pedestal! Noooo, its just a chair!! "Sorry Lex let's just chalk it up to old age" Yeah she says....then "Your not old!!" Dam I love that girl! I told her maybe someday I could find a chair designer who could make this chair. She said "no you can't, you can't do that" I said "Bet me! I bet I can!" Oh Grammie. Any chair designers out there!

She even has a Barbie bell.

O. K. Grammie let's sing. What shall we sing she says, I say let's sing this, 1 2 buckle my shoe, 3 4 hit the door! Teach me she says, so I could not remember all of it so we sang it our way. And she really got into it, dancing while she sang like "Miley Cyrus"
I sat on the porch because she wanted to make a sign like me, for her new art room at my new house. She told me I could not see it was going to be a surprise, and asked me to leave the room. "Well now" can I open the window? Oh yes Grammie!
Very into Grammie's water color paints! I told her how to use these cakes of paint and she just went for it. And clean up was a breeze with her! me on the other hand, well lets just say "Get the shovel" She didn't notice me at all at first and was very into her art.
When she did notice she let me take this picture and went right on painting.
What do you think Gram? I think it's gorgeous Lexi.
AND THE NEXT DAY GRAMMIE HAD A SURPRISE
A NEW SCHWINN BIKE!!!!!!!!!
Right next to her art work on the sidewalk from the day before. Grandpa had put it in the garage in the middle of the floor, and we pulled up to have another art day. I said "you know I have a surprise for you" "Really!" she says. So we walk into the garage and you should have seen her face, she just kept saying "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" laughing and saying is that for me? I said "yes, it's a earrrrly Christmas present so you can ride when you come to Grammie's house" Oh thank you Grammie, thank you Grandpa!
Little flower pedals with reflectors on them.
And of course we had to have a basket, so "Boo boo bear" could ride too.

She even has a Barbie bell.
Streamers! Oh I always wanted these!
Determination is her middle name.
Just two of the rotten neighbors that have harassed us to death.

O. K. Grammie let's sing. What shall we sing she says, I say let's sing this, 1 2 buckle my shoe, 3 4 hit the door! Teach me she says, so I could not remember all of it so we sang it our way. And she really got into it, dancing while she sang like "Miley Cyrus"
Concentrating!
"oh Grammie I need a helmet and elbow pads" your right Alexis.











6 comments:
What a fun, sweet little gal she is, I love that age! And what good grandparents too! Ok, now I need to hear about the rotten neighbors....
Lexi is adorable! I hope to have a granddaughter like her one day.
Smiles,Pat
Lex is so sweet and such a cutie! Love this post. hugs, Sharon
Ps whats with the neighbors....
A wonderful Post and as I always say,there's nothing like being a grandma! Isn't it wonderful!
what amazing grandparents you are. she is a lovely, little girl! she reminds me of a mary englebreit illustration.
happy painting together!
xo
elyse
What a sweetheart Pearl! She's just adorable, and how lucky to have special grandparents! Love the bike! Now about those neighbors....
Post a Comment