
We decided to go out again to check on progress of the house and this is what we saw as we drove out. I'm like "that is going towards our children's home"


This is right on the road passing by and a small canyon is on fire. Wow its on the side of the highway going towards our new house and our kids. Nope its not close enough to be by the kids or us.


Once up the hill we could see the fire had really gained momentum, we would now have to drive back to our home and go right through it. Oh well we'll deal with that later, look at our home! The guys were working still at 6:30 p.m., the progress they have made in two days is mind boggling cause it's just the two of them!
They got the floor joices (can't spell) in, the basement framed.
Our two framers, nice guys to say the least. Look how dark these boys are!!
Basement that we were not going to put in, but we decided might as well?

We got to meet our new neighbors finally! They must be almost 30 years young with no kids and a 4,600 sq. ft. home!!!!!!! They are farmers and just got married, they must be wheat farmers I believe. Which is in a little town not far from here. My family comes from the valley too in the opposite direction and were farmers. I was so happy to meet them and so was hubby, very clean cut all American farm kids! Yahoo!
This is the back side of there home. My husband had said the day before that's got to be over 4000 sq. ft. ! Yikes! We started at 2,100 sq. ft. but now has grown to a whopping 3,300! I'm like "I thought we were going to downsize?" But the bottom was not going to be a basement, it was to be a huge storage area for my lawnmower (Berti) and a potting bench and area to pot and do Crafts and be my husbands work room. But it was going to have a door and code says it's now considered a living area? You have got to be kidding me I says to myself? Then lets make a day light basement and stick the 18 year old down there! So now we can rent it out once our son is gone to collage and married. My hubby says "yeah right" I'm like it could happen, what if you got hit by a train and I'm all alone, I'm gonna make some money and maybe have a "yard boy" :) He just smiled.
The sky was just black and scary.
This is off our deck and the old homestead, the whole city (small) was an orange glow with haze. As of this posting hours later we still don't know if its out yet. I went out at midnight and the air is just thick with smoke. Scary stuff.
Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies, it really makes my day!!







5 comments:
Oh dear! Is your house away from the fire? I hate to see those fires comin' and to smell them is even worse. I will be praying for a quick "fire out" signal. Yikes!
Blessings~Sharon
I hope that fire has diminished by now...that is scarey! Your new house is really coming along - looking forward to seeing more pics as it progresses!
Hope the fire is long gone by now....Yikes! How exciting about your new home--wow! Can't wait till you finish. :) Blessings, Debra
Everyday they have more and more done on your house ! It seems to be really moving along! I pray the fires are out by now, that must be pretty scary. Take Care
That fire looks a little too close for comfort!
It's nice that you've met your new neighbors..and your home is coming along so nicely - bet you
re beside yourself with excitement!
Have a great FIRE-FREE week :-)
Post a Comment