My sister Cheryl As Told By Pearl
I don't have a whole lot to post about right now because I'm writing a short story about my Sister who died many years ago of a Heroin Overdose. I want to share her story with blog land and tell you a little about me in the process. I miss my sister more than anything, I think about her often and what kind of Grandmother she would be today. She left behind a very damaged Daughter in the process. My Niece who I love very much, and my great Niece whom I also love very much. It's a story of self abuse, and mental torture. It almost destroyed a whole family. It led to my drug abuse as a 12 year old already having severe depression issues, and the abuse of my body which has given me a very short life span, because I didn't stop drugs until I was 22 years old. Then I continued on with prescription medications, abusing my body with there damaging affects. At age 53 I have lost my kidney, I have had cancer. My lungs have collapsed 4 times, which I almost died from. And a smoking habit since I was 12 to this very day. I can't do a whole lot with my Gran kids because I don't breathe well enough. I stay at home a lot and only go to work when my husband needs me to run the office. I now eat right, sleep a lot, and not much exercise, and I'm building a house? Soon when we move in I can take my dog for a walk daily and hopefully nightly. Sounds like a crazy life because it was. The fact that i came out of it proves what a survivor I am, I could have been dead at age 13, and then again at age 15, 22 , and 24, and also 29, is certainly a miracle of God. I'm now loving life with my two sons, a husband whom I love dearly, and two dogs to keep me from getting lonely. And two of the most loving Grandchildren that I hold dearly. My family consists of my mother & father and a sister. I'm lucky to have a father on this earth to be able to build my home. And let me know he loves me everyday! He's the greatest guy on this earth to me and I adore him. Like I say "I'm very Blessed!!"A Rose For My Sister ~ The Rose Lover ~AKA (Rose)
5 comments:
Oh Pearl, you pull at my heart! You are a survivor and the world needs to know that you are. The pain of losing a sister will never go away, but it sounds like she has found her own perfect escape now and will be at peace for eternity.
It is wonderful to know you totally appreciate what you have and that you are taking steps to improve you quality of life - good for you!
You take care of yourself- obviously there are other "plans" for your journey here on earth!
Take care my friend and cyber-hugs to you from me.
Pearl,
Thank you so much for sharing. I know it helps others to know that they are not alone in dealing with drug abuse and depression in their family.It also gives hope that you can survive and have a wonderful life.Thank you and may God continue to bless you my friend.
Miss Pearl I am so PROUD of you! You chose the right direction, and God has plans for you! You are already on the path to enlightening others with your story, and I look forward to your future posts about you, your sister, and the fight you have taken on and won!
God Bless You My Dear Pearl
Laurie
Pearl, what a poignant story and one that shows how strong you are. Wonderful for you that you had the strength to overcome your addictions and to find a semblance of peace in life. Tragic that your sister could not.
I'm sure it was hard for you to share this with us, however I thank you.
Hugs,
Pearl, You are an amazing person, strong, loving, and have long suffered through so many trials in your life. I wish for you happiness in every hour of every day. You so deserve that. I think you are God's messenger of hope to all; His love shines through you, dear.
Post a Comment