Wednesday, November 19, 2008



I've decided with my husband that we need about 3 - 5 acres of land so we don't have to live so close to neighbors. I love my solitude where I can go outside and not worry about being watched all the time while I'm gardening. The house's where we live are just to close to each other. I want that little Pygmy goat I've always wanted (they are so much fun, just like having a dog) and a couple of big dogs to run around outside. And kittens too, I haven't had cats in a very long time. I won't get one as lush green as this one, not in this part of the state, but I can certainly make it as nice. I wish we had a lot of the old house like this but we just don't around here.And I'm "not" going to build a house either, when so many people take good care of there homes just like this one was when we bought it. So were on the hunt but in no hurry. I have to thank "Debra" from "As I see It Now" for helping me to decide after reading her blog. At this age I want peace and relaxation. I'll let most of the acres stay in its natural form, but for what I want I have a riding lawn mower that I call "Betsy" and we'll do it together! I live next to the rottenest neighbors alive, very rude, nasty, and think they can let all there animals run loose on our property, and we live in the city! So much for our retirement home its time to move on.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Well that sounds good to me! We have 2.5 acres but have to maintain it so much. No "going wild" here, it's a LOT of work. But if your DH is handy you'll be fine!

The wildlife part is so great, but prepare to have good fencing. Those bad city neighbors can live in the "country" too. Very first trouble we had here was a neighbor's dog that ran wild, tried to get to my chickens, tore thru the veg. gardens. You have to have fencing to keep out coyotes or bears or deer, whatever is your area's wild creatures!

Sharon said...

I completely identify with you need for privacy. We moved from a totally wooded 5.3 acres to a retirement home in a small town. The first thing I did was install a living hedge, which is a nightmare to keep trimmed at my age but it totally encloses and provides privacy. It's worth every bit of work it requires to keep up.

My Friends