Sunday, November 9, 2008

Finally Done


I just completed my room and it only took two weeks. I painted & cleaned like crazy, sorted till I was blue in the face! (got rid of so much junk) This is a shot of my new buffet I found, the back insert is painted a burgundy and that won't do so I'm going to wall paper it. With roses of course! This is a double door closet which is really deep for bolts of fabric, I use it for massive storage. It's wonderful. The floor is...well lets just say it will be replaced soon. I'm still hanging up my pictures and what not. Lets just say this little room makes me so happy.


This shelf house's my stamp collection, I got it from a business that was going under.



This is my closet on the other side of the room, which was never utilized well. When I found the hutch another booth vendor was leaving and all she had was these shelves for sale. $25 bucks my kinda deal. That took care of alot of storage problems.



Back to the other side again this is the inside of my double door closet that house's eveything! I still need to get in here and reorganize it too. But what would I do with out it.



This side is my working station of course and I still have a fabric skirt that will cover the whole bottom area and hide all the computer stuff and other clutter. And of course I need to find the right curtains.



I know to paint this white would be popular but I just can't do that to an antique! Two pieces so I will get rid of the burgundy back for sure and lighten it up with wallpaper that matches my green walls. I can't believe how cleaning painting and organizing can make your life so much easier.

10 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

I absolutely love the wall color you chose!

Katie said...

Hi sweetie! That wall color is so soft and pretty. The room is amazing, sort of Victorian cottage! Hope you are good!

Katie said...

Whew, didn't mean to scare you! I think by reading your second comment on my blog you figured out I'm not closing my main blog, right? http://rosebreezeboutique.blogspot.com will still be there! I'm only closing my "selling" blog since I opened up a website. Fondly, Katie

P.S. Today's word verification letters, (you know those letters you have to type in before blogger will post your comment) on your blog is "bluptort". I like that. Bluptort. He's such a bluptort. Would you pass me another bluptort? Bluptort this. Oh how fun, a new word!

Katie said...

Seriously, Pearl, how do you get all the great word verfication words. After posting the previous comment, the "fresh" leave you comment page comes up and now the word is "earcolia".

Hee hee

Secondhandrose said...

Hi, wow, you have done alot of work and organization. I need to organize and rethink my sewing room but am waiting till after the holidays. Thanks for the inspiration. Come for a visit.
karen

Connie said...

Well, I love what you did to your room, sweet chick! Grandbabies are adorable. You're next door to me since I'm in Idaho so welcome to the blog world, my little cherub! Come over and visit with me. I think you'll enjoy me except I just talk too much. Hah. There is lots of eye candy if you like that though.......just go back and read old posts. Come on now and don't be afraid! LOL
Smooches,
Connie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Congratis on your giveaway from Katie. Aren't the tea flowers wonderful? I have that same buffet, except I don't have the top shelves:( I can't bear to paint mine either, so have kept it dark. I know it would look great painted, but so hard to do! Your room looks wonderful! You are quite organized and have lots of space. It looks great!

Nancy at ManicForMosaics said...

I love the roses in your logo. They are so pretty poking through the fence oike that. The room redo is WONDERFUL! Everything looks so well organized and I'll sure bet you feel ACCOMPLISHED!

Connie said...

Pearl, thanks for the compliment! I'm happy to have you peruse all the way through the blog. I doubt you'll be bored or disappointed, sweet cherub!! Just keep looking' and dreamin' and I'm glad you visited. I'll add you to my "google reader" and check your updates. You'll get some good ideas I hope.
Smooches, sweetpea,
Connie

Connie said...

I see you like frou-frou-y lamps so go look at 8/17/08 post about some lamps I redid, honey! I think you'll like those lamp shades. ;-)
Smooches,
Connie

My Friends